Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Changing resin...

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Kenny Q

I double di in the van. My ppm has started to rise, so I've started to change resin. I've just emptied the old resin from the first vessel, and half looks like slush, and half looks unused! Is it possible that this could be unused, or is it fools gold... thanks in advance.

you could try shaking it to see if it gives it a bit more life, but if you keep your resin and store it then you can actually recharge it from what i understand it takes a few hours but well worth it

you could try shaking it to see if it gives it a bit more life, but if you keep your resin and store it then you can actually recharge it from what i understand it takes a few hours but well worth it
Mmmm. I've read the process and I think I will stick with the conventional way.

How do you dispose of the chemicals you used to 'recharge' your resin with?

Test some if it that is unused by putting some in a plastic cup and putting a pin ***** on the bottom. Pour some water in and wait until the water is dripping out the hole and measure the ppm. If it reads 000 then you know that your di vessel is not functioning properly. This may due to the riser tube being too short

Some tip i picked up from a member no longer on here.shake ya resin bottle ir as i do...wen my resin hits 005...i roll it up n down the garden n mix it up a bit.i aint no scientist...but it works for me...25ltr di vessel...i get a couple more days out of it

Im DI only n use a bag a month:)

If ya roll it on concrete.take the connectors off if they stick out further from ya vessel.....roll roll crunch...o FSS doh!!!!!!!

What's the best size vessel I have a 11.7 litre bought new in average use 300 litre a day and

only change my resin about 6 weeks ago now already started to go up to 001, tap before RO is average 270 and 007 after RO. Got the resin from pure freedom and tulsion mb 115.

Last edited by a moderator:
What's the best size vessel I have a 11.7 litre bought new in average use 300 litre a day andonly change my resin about 6 weeks ago now already started to go up to 001, tap before RO is average 270 and 007 after RO. Got the resin from pure freedom and tulsion mb 115.
I use mb 115 only too.use a 25 ltr DI n around same water...only used an ro for 1 day b4 binned it...dint rate it...i change my resin around 4 wks n roll round the garden wen goes up to 005...cant advise in conj with an ro as dont use...wen i piggy backed yhe vessels...ie 2...i used 11 ltr vessels...hope this helps

I use mb 115 only too.use a 25 ltr DI n around same water...only used an ro for 1 day b4 binned it...dint rate it...i change my resin around 4 wks n roll round the garden wen goes up to 005...cant advise in conj with an ro as dont use...wen i piggy backed yhe vessels...ie 2...i used 11 ltr vessels...hope this helps
Cheers for the info accordingly to the gardiner's resin calculator I should be changing every 25weeks just wondering if there is a problem with my DI vessel.

Wouldnt pay any attention to calculators mate...my ppm tap water will change +50 somedays...bugger knows y..the only thing i had with the vessel was the plastic tube insert that fits in the top and the filter cage that gies around it came unglued...so was gettin elevated ppm....i just wrap some insulation in place to stop it slidin bk down the tube

Back