Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Thats My First Day In

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Duncs

well thats the first day WFP all went well, all the customers sounded ok, just one guy some how thought it was going to be cheaper ha ha not much chance but good try.

had my mate with me which was handy god the hose got caught on everything possible.

funny not having scrims hanging from your waist and BOAB

after all the help on this forum from you guys and watching loads of videos on you tube al went well

most annoying thing has to be hose had me knackered at end of day

next list has to be big boy back pack for my mate and me in future

but good start nd thanks again

Nice one duncs I'm glad it went well mate. I been using hose from trolley myself but only from gates. Just leaving trolley there and put an extension on the pole hose which I have to admit us easier than carting backpack or trolley right round back.

Loads better mate. Bit of messing with hose cos the extension is that yellow Gardiner stuff that loves to mess itself up but easier and much quicker. I'll be going for a reel and better hose in a couple of weeks when I get new motor.

Lots of houses can be done from a backpack on trolley with just a rolled up 10metre bit of hose saving getting the reel out I find.

glad you enjoyed your first day on it Duncs - sounds infinitely better than my first 'official' day today.

Bought a round 60 miles from home (right price and good houses offsets the travelling a good bit), took the wrong road into the city so had to travel across town at breakfast rush hour, finally got to the job only to be told that they had rung the company (must have been who I bought it from) and cancelled as they were having new self cleaning ones put in! Having lost over an hour the rest of the day went reasonably well although slowly as I found my way around a new area. But on my way to the last 3 jobs my fecking gear box blew. Spent 2 hours waiting for the RAC man to tow me home.

So now, having sunk every penny into a round and a kitted up van I may find myself not being able to pay for the repairs to the van so wont be able to go and work and will end up losing the customers that I paid for. No round, no money and a broken van sat rusting on my garden :Image6:

It WILL improve.

Best thing I ever did and its been bloody tough at times as I'm sure others will confirm, starting out I mean.

Have you considered subbing work out yet?

the doctors diagnosis wasn't as bad as I first thought, some kind of roll pin on the gear box - £120 and I was up and running again yesterday, managed to get a small days work in and earn some coin to pay for it. Really, Really need the luck to stay with me for a while now :Image3:

well first couple of days in just had some feed back

one woman came after me over the moon with the windows is that the magic pole!!! if only

couple of the same comments

then couple mentioned i take the dreaded spotting

i,m using clx 18 first with vikan brush got the spotting with it

changed to unger light had better feel

gave good scrub and rinsed loads, so prity boiling mind the windows was dirty ,thats my arms hanging of now, thought it was going to be easy.

do you think i should change my brush. whats your thoughtsa guys, get the ladders out eh

thanks

When you're on top of it all I'd say try an Extreme brush. I've noticed spotting on a couple of jobs this week. I put it down to **** seals now, as the frames are cleaned and I rinse well.

Back