Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Window Cleaning Lincence England

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Just created a petition and is now being checked by the people who are higher up.

Once checked will create a new thread with link so people can sign the petition!

I won't be G I really don't agree with giving some governing body my hard earned money for something that won't be policed properly.

I won't be G I really don't agree with giving some governing body my hard earned money for something that won't be policed properly.
Agree entirely the policing always go to people who have no relevance to the trade probably go to fensa the guys who govern window fitting and electrical installations highest private bidder would probably get it same with electrical part p was such a great success they are scrapping most of it in April after a lot of wasted money by the legit and a lot of electricians have left the trade through it

Yep how much of the money will go straight into paying a huuuuuuuuuge wage to some people, I'll start another maybe against it lol. (not really).

Hey theres a thought, I'll nominate myself now to chair the governing body. Then I'll make some real money....

Yep how much of the money will go straight into paying a huuuuuuuuuge wage to some people, I'll start another maybe against it lol. (not really).
Hey theres a thought, I'll nominate myself now to chair the governing body. Then I'll make some real money....
Don't need massive money so can I clean your office and windows but on mates rates wink wink lol

you can potion Parliament online that would be a grate idea if any one has some time
I already done it david, just waiting on the checks, could take up to 7 days, ill make a thread so people can sign the petition when its ready

Yup, at the end of the day if its say £200 a year... You will gain that back in a month because so many windies will drop off that you get there old work.

So as long as you are not being dodgey then what's the issue

Yup, at the end of the day if its say £200 a year... You will gain that back in a month because so many windies will drop off that you get there old work.
So as long as you are not being dodgey then what's the issue
My thought exactly this is why you should sign it Dodger lol.
Deffianttly not a money issue, but I know what you mean about how they shoudl go about policing it.

I think what is being missed here is you petition parliament to police your industry they come up with a plan to do it but its not your way of doing things first thing they will do is introduce an nvq via college schemes so bobs been cleaning windows for twenty years suddenly needs to pay for courses to prove competency as a window cleaner then he pays £££s for ladder courses then he pays £££s to be wfp operator now he's ready for on site assessment more £££s prob in region of £200 now he's good enough to enrol more ££££s every month now he has to register his jobs and pay a small admin fee per registered job not too bad really till you consider demand on a national scale as gone through the roof for training courses so the prices rocket while your doing this a loop hole appears more windies appear lookin all legit but still pay no tax but have a shiney card and take all your work be careful what you wish for guys

I think what is being missed here is you petition parliament to police your industry they come up with a plan to do it but its not your way of doing things first thing they will do is introduce an nvq via college schemes so bobs been cleaning windows for twenty years suddenly needs to pay for courses to prove competency as a window cleaner then he pays £££s for ladder courses then he pays £££s to be wfp operator now he's ready for on site assessment more £££s prob in region of £200 now he's good enough to enrol more ££££s every month now he has to register his jobs and pay a small admin fee per registered job not too bad really till you consider demand on a national scale as gone through the roof for training courses so the prices rocket while your doing this a loop hole appears more windies appear lookin all legit but still pay no tax but have a shiney card and take all your work be careful what you wish for guys
That's not how it works mate, it would be done in the same way as Scotland... Yearly fee

Don't forget Scotland as a different parliament and can legislate itself unfortunately England as a north south divide an invisible line that effects quite a bit but we are legislated by the London parliament who may wish to be seen to operate in a different manner to Scotland

Yes but it's VERY unlikely that they will do it different when there is a process that works, already established.

It's window cleaning, they won't look into it that far....

I really hope I never get proved right on this but an English government on its knees financially not seeing an opportunity to make money out of the working people seems to be the only way they will go they have been doing it since king Henry and before

I really hope I never get proved right on this but an English government on its knees financially not seeing an opportunity to make money out of the working people seems to be the only way they will go they have been doing it since king Henry and before
Even if they only do it to make money, I don't mind as ill make the money back quickly enough from the extra work available

I think what most people would like is a self policing window cleaning scheme that keeps competition on an even playing field with the lowest costs eliminated the mafia have tried the triads have tried but unfortunately England is the land of free enterprise and that's what will be promoted by a government a scheme where if you are from a minority in the society you will be given a helping hand to steer you in the right direction what most would call an unfair advantage the illegals you all worry about will vastly become legit and the work will not be there like everyone expects grants will be given to the unemployed to get the numbers down before elections kids leaving school will be pushed into it look at the price of the fuel that goes in your van the vat you pay on everything is that a government looking after you or the haulage firms or the farmers but yet some multinationals pay no tax is that fair play sorry to go on but consider what your asking for before you ask

Even if they only do it to make money, I don't mind as ill make the money back quickly enough from the extra work available
is it fair that you will pay it back quickly at £10 per house and the northern lads may be on £4 an house and not pay it back quite so quickly it rains a lot more up here too lol

is it fair that you will pay it back quickly at £10 per house and the northern lads may be on £4 an house and not pay it back quite so quickly it rains a lot more up here too lol
thats a good point

Back