Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Window Cleaning Lincence England

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Window cleaning as a trade has been around since glass was invented. It's the customer who decides what they want to pay and who cleans them as long as they do a good job. Why pay anything extra to the government as they take enough already with the amount of taxes we all have to pay. Also not forgetting the so say banking ****-up that are kids and grandchildren will be paying off for years. :rolleyes:

One more thought somebody takes a good look at window cleaning some member of parliament tasked with the legislation he's had a bad experience with a windy who did his house with wfp left spots every where didn't clean all the frames etc speaks to a small section of random windies he comes across they are all trad and don't care much for water fed poles suddenly you've got a majority first thing he should do is get rid of this wfp rubbish were does that leave. Everyone who has invested in it used to do it regularly with electrical test equipment new regulations new testers with bigger finger guards new testers to test the test equipment 16th edition this 17th edition that part p this

i carnt belive that some people are against the idare of this, Why should you be against it, its window cleaners need to be regulated not for safty side but also customers side.

people want cash in hand and dont pay anything to the government that's why they don't want it, just like the cabbies that have to be lincence they had all cash in hand and not pay anything in tax.

i carnt belive that some people are against the idare of this, Why should you be against it, its window cleaners need to be regulated not for safty side but also customers side.
people want cash in hand and dont pay anything to the government that's why they don't want it, just like the cabbies that have to be lincence they had all cash in hand and not pay anything in tax.
who is that accusation aimed at david, the ones disagreeing in this thread. If so you are out of order lad. I think we've given valid enough reasons so don't assume.

I think dodger would be all for it??

But its just the way this country is run, (In england anyway) he is saying the money taken from this sceme(if one was to be made) would be used for other things am I right dodger?

Example Road Tax...

Everyone pays this, there is more then enough money to replace new roads and fill every single pot hole, yet money is used for other things and only less then 5% of road tax pays for roads!

G

i wont be signing it, to be honest i dont really see a need for it, yes there are dodgy windys that dont pay tax, there are plenty around me, but there is still plenty of work for all of us, some custies would prefer to pay a beer windy £4 then a legit cleaner like me charging £8, but why do i care, i can still fill my round with good paying customers and i can still make my living, i wouldnt class them as competition as we have different types of custies.

why would i want to pay the government x amount of pounds, when in reality it will never stop the dodgy cleaners anyway, its up to the customer to check and 99% of customers never will, most wouldnt even care.

maybe some people on here need to stop blaming everyone else for why they havent got enough work, its not because you cant compete with non tax paying windies, its because you are lazy, its because you havent knocked enough doors, its because your not putting the effort in, because there is more then enough work out there, you just havent gone and got it!

stop worrying what everyone else is doing and start worrying about what your not!

In the last couple of months we have seen a picture / video of a windy helping himself to jewelry through a customers 1st floor window, we have seen a windy all over the news and Internet climbing the outside of a building in bath with absolutely no safety apparatus anywhere near him and sadly we have recently been told of at least two windys dying from ladder falls. The customers will not remember each individual windy or company responsible, they will believe that we are all the same (tarred with the same brush)! What we are talking about is not a new tax, this is a scheme that will licence windys to be able to trade a professional service on a customers property and charge for that service. The person/s charging will be licenced in a basic knowledge of the service they are selling, an knowledge and understanding of health and safety for the customer, the property and themselves and a knowledge of the safety to themselves. The person/s charging would have had a very simple annual check to see that they are insured to the minimum requirement and quite simply they are who they say they are. The licence will not determine who gets more work, what tools are best or even who is a better windy than the other, it will be a minimum requirement so that those paying for insurance, tax etc will not get let down and tarred by those who are not. In my view, if a windy is avoiding the normal working practice then he has something else to hide. The licence will not be a marketing tool either. Just a licence as a minimum requirement to trade. In fact, like France, I believe all self employed (windys or not) should be licenced to trade with a minimum requirement. The Government will not run the scheme, they would task a private organisation to run the scheme on a non profit making arrangement.

So what about all the other trades with cowboys and dishonest ppl carrying on working for themselves should they also be compulsory licensed too? :rolleyes:

How many people that are for a licence to walk the dog I mean window clean lol are members of the window cleaners association or other body at the moment surely agree between yourselves which trade association you want to join as a mass then promote the ethos across the country and demand the level of service for the association that you require rather than getting political agendas involved if everyone said on here that's it we are all joining a association and will all be crb checked and all be blah blah blah then I would and sure most others would go with it and promote it and spread the word there's enough windys nationally to be a self governing body

How many people that are for a licence to walk the dog I mean window clean lol are members of the window cleaners association or other body at the moment surely agree between yourselves which trade association you want to join as a mass then promote the ethos across the country and demand the level of service for the association that you require rather than getting political agendas involved if everyone said on here that's it we are all joining a association and will all be crb checked and all be blah blah blah then I would and sure most others would go with it and promote it and spread the word there's enough windys nationally to be a self governing body
Seconded

The idea of self governing bodies / trade associations also sucks in my book as they will take money off you for nothing too /emoticons/biggrin.png

What about plumbers they all had to register with Corgi(Called something else now, don't know what) if plumbers were corgi register they could get the work, if they wasnt then you simply don't take that plumber on.

The idea of self governing bodies / trade associations also sucks in my book as they will take money off you for nothing too /emoticons/biggrin.png
It's the better than a government compulsory one where you have little say and them that do may not have the industry at heart I agree i would rather the industry moves forward as it always has done but promotes itself a little better like the use of forums like this

What about plumbers they all had to register with Corgi(Called something else now, don't know what) if plumbers were corgi register they could get the work, if they wasnt then you simply don't take that plumber on.
Called gas safe still doesn't stop the purses going missing etc plenty of individuals still messing with gas that don't know what they are doing government backed scheme again were tradesmen are led round the college course and industry standards cash cow

I've argued that I don't like them before on the forum but rather that than the other option for me.

There are already a few trade associations covering the cleaning industry so if any of you lads are inclined simply pay your money out and go join one of them then :rolleyes: .

There are already a few trade associations covering the cleaning industry so if any of you lads are inclined simply pay your money out and go join one of them then :rolleyes: .
Going with that answer as this subject makes my blood boil

Case closed then....

can you not read lad' date=' I've explained enough times why and I'm not going to repeat myself just for you.[/quote']wow relay you must be a sensitive person to get all huffed up over a thread that person asked for explanation :lol:

Back