Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Flushing membrane !!!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hi Guys, just purchased a brodex 250 machine which is newer than my previous one, the question is on my old one you used to open a thread to flush the membrane, on this newer one there seems to be a inlet valve on top of the membrane housing, so is this for me to plug a hose directly into to flush the membrane.

Thank you for any input.

I have no idea about how brodex are set up but I guessing you are on about the tap thing on the membrane to adjust the waste to pure ratio?

Best bet is to phone brodex

Yes Smurf there a inlet valve on top of the membrane housing, just rang brodex but spoke to one of the sales team who didn't have a clue, just waiting for a tech guy to ring me back.

I'm sure Brodex use the Champ housing.

Inlet on the side on one end, waste on the same side but at the other end of the housing with the pure outlet in the center of the same housing and end as the waste.

Waste has a gatevalve on it which you open fully to flush.

When producing pure then you need to throttle back the waste gate valve but not switch it off completely. You need to get a waste to pure of between 50/50 to 70/30 depending on your water quality (first figure of ratio = waste) or at its sweet spot where is producing the best quality (lowest tds) pure water.

That pure water then goes through the di and then into the tank.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now that is a surprise as their customer service sucks... apparently /emoticons/biggrin.png

Unfortunately for me Smurf Brodex are my local dealer, the lads on the shop floor are spot on. They even agree that the staff on the end of the phones are only there for sales.

I bought it second hand from somebody else who was a gardener who just wanted the van , if I had bought it new I wouldn't of had any hesitation in approaching Brodex when I went to pick it up.

Back