Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Service listing

WagtailMat

hi guys so just a quick question,

Cleaning windows ?

Do you guys have a standard wash and a premium wash ?

And if so what are the price difference ?

I just clean windows snd get paid

I service (i offer other services like gutters etc)

Always clean them to the best of your ability. .can't offer a half arsed clean or proper clean

Agree. A lot of my business is based on recommendations. Was once grumbling whilst doing an underpaid job BUT still did a good clean, customer happy & recommends me to a friend who is now one of my biggest customers. Now these two don't look like friends as they are clearly at other ends of the 'wealth ladder' etc etc but they shared a ward in hospital 35 years ago when their daughters were born & remained in constant contact since. And that's not the only time that's happened.

Plus, my conscience is a bugger these days - doesn't let me get away with anything.........much /emoticons/wink.png

What i charge someone is my choice

I charge to clean windows so that is what i do

Recommendations are important in this job

So for instance would charge the same if a custy has silicon and paint grout etc on glass or if it just hade natural elements ?

No..that would be a first clean usually so would be charged more for my time but i don't offer 2 standards of clean

If someone covers their window with paint etc to an excessive degree i would be discussing suitable recompense with them but the odd bit to scrape is just part of the job

Ok cool, I have a job I just quoted of a after build clean nearly every window has grout and silicon on it best prop to do an hourly rate isn't it ?

Ok cool, I have a job I just quoted of a after build clean nearly every window has grout and silicon on it best prop to do an hourly rate isn't it ?
I avoid hourly rates at all costs. You end up getting clock watched and rushed so they can get the most work for their money. If you've been doing it a while you should be able to estimate how long its going to take you, and quote it from there. If they are going to be regular custies from there you can give a little verbal clause by saying that you may not be able to get them perfect the first time as they are so bad, but they'll get a lot better after a few cleans.

You should be able to quote 3x the normal monthly clean for a builders clean, maybe more if its really bad. Just starting out, you'll make lots of mistakes quoting, but its all part of the learning process. Be happy with the money you've got, and take that knowledge to the next job. You'll soon get the hang of it.

Latest Posts

Back