Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gutter Vac recommendations

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Guybrush

Hi guys I know this is old ground and I have trawled through old posts as I didn't want to make a new thread but there's not much consistency with recommendations on vacs (mainly for domestic)

I've been doing it off ladders so far and have pushed all the awkward houses over connies, awkward access ones back so far that I have to do them now.

Haven't seen mr bump online would be good to know how he's been getting on with the atom now that its a few months in use. Pretty sure he left after some race discussion, shame he was a good guy.

Surprised.... because you bought it and thought it was good? or surprised because thats not much power for the money? or both?

Have bought the atom and imo BRILLIANT, it may be 1200w but it has twice the lift power of my smaller 1400w and it is 10x less awkward to use then a 3000w. I would highly recommend and good price

I have the sky vac industrial one very good build quality and really powerful was really worried about the carbon poles but after a year of abuse they still fine bit bulky to get in and out of van so have looked at atom for quick jobs .

I have a eastern trading 3000 watt wet vac I bought second hand and the motors are just not up to it anymore. Can you get new motors for these wet vacs and if so where from please.

Surprised.... because you bought it and thought it was good? or surprised because thats not much power for the money? or both?
I have the atom and you would be surprised at what it can actually do. I've not come across anything it can't handle and the poles are great. So light.

Cheers for the info guys. I actually ordered from gutter cleaning systems a few days ago and then everyone vouched for the atom, theres enough thumbs up for the atom now for it to be worth a buy IMO but I already ordered oh well. Maybe useful for someone else reading this thread. I will post a review of the vac I ordered on this thread too.

Cheers for the info guys. I actually ordered from gutter cleaning systems a few days ago and then everyone vouched for the atom, theres enough thumbs up for the atom now for it to be worth a buy IMO but I already ordered oh well. Maybe useful for someone else reading this thread. I will post a review of the vac I ordered on this thread too.
Hows the vac as i'm looking to purchase one? Was looking at the 3000w from aquafed.

The vac is a beast. It definitely feels like i'm wrestling with the Kraken sometimes though. Ball ache to use as others pointed out but has got me some jobs I would not be able/confident to do without it. I can't complain not been anything it couldn't handle yet and i'm happy with it. If your short for space in the van you may want to look at a smaller vac but no doubt this does the job though. Carbon poles a must imho.

The vac is a beast. It definitely feels like i'm wrestling with the Kraken sometimes though. Ball ache to use as others pointed out but has got me some jobs I would not be able/confident to do without it. I can't complain not been anything it couldn't handle yet and i'm happy with it. If your short for space in the van you may want to look at a smaller vac but no doubt this does the job though. Carbon poles a must imho.
What do u charge/how do u charge? If there is plenty of work that can be gained and a decent return it might well be worth investing in one.

Is this the Sky Atom? Do u have a link to the website u got it as I've tried to search it and the company uve put down I can't find it.

If I do buy one ill definitely go for carbon poles. Made this mistake wen I purchased my wfp equipment, bought composite instead of full carbon and instantly regretted it

Gutter Cleaning Systems

Not the Atom its the 3000 watt vac in the link. I tend to use it on the larger detached houses and charge about 60/80 quid i'm looking for 20 quid a side if full i.e. you can see it overflowing (London/surrey). Done one yesterday and for some reason the vac was leaving a line of moss in the gutters ended up doing off the ladder not sure why this is.

Back