Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hello

Cheshire ian

Big hello to everyone on here. My names ian and reading all these threads is very encouraging to say the least.

I'm in the same boat as quite a few others, hate my boss/job and would really like to go self employed. Dont mind the hard graft but what I do find hard is taking that leap of faith if you know what I mean.

Anyways big hello to everyone

make a break,make a move eh

well main advice i can give you is dont delay -or doubts creep in .

Yeh your right mate but the doubts are there that I could build a business up enough to support me and my family.

Need to make a go of it soon though coz I'm going insane at my current job.

School care taker atm mate, dont mind the job if im honest its my boss/ other people im forced to spend my day with. Also doing split shifts is a pain, its a 12 hour day but only get payed for 7.5 hours. Moan over lol

School care taker atm mate, dont mind the job if im honest its my boss/ other people im forced to spend my day with. Also doing split shifts is a pain, its a 12 hour day but only get payed for 7.5 hours. Moan over lol
:thumbsdown:

Welcome. Sounds like you might want to start working weekends to build up a bit of a round first before taking the plunge. Any other trade I would say go for it, but not this one. Good quality regular work isnt that easy to come by, it takes time to build up, so I personally wouldnt go full time into it straight away, although others have and have been successful, many fail. Maybe find another job as the one you've got sounds like its taking the pi$$. Use it as a safety net, and then go from there. You'll know when its time.

Just my opinion, good luck whatever you decide to do.

hi and welcome cheshire ian...I was tempted to do a steady job recently as it was early morning and just cleaning left to myself but...the thought of going to the same place six days sometimes seven a week...

it was just a thought for a second...

believe me....I NEVER know where I will end up each day or what I will be facing...me likes being freeeeeeeee....

now if the wind has died down tomorrow....please...me gotta go up high.. and dont forget ...keep us informed./emoticons/biggrin.png

Latest Posts

Back