Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Booster Pump for indoor RO set up. Does anyone do this to good effect?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

PJ Bullard

Does anyone have their RO set up indoors due to living in flats, as I do?

Just brought my RO yesterday, set it all up in the bathroom and connected it to the bath tap.

Flushed it out for 2 hours with a strong flow throught the waste pipe. Happy days.

Then once I connected the DI to the system, the end result was a tiny trickle of pure out the other end. Arrgghh! Water pressure inside my flat is low and not enough to push through a fast flow out the other side.

So, no good for me. Phoned supplier and was then told that I need a booster pump to make the flow come out 'a bit faster'.

I want to know if anyone on here has an indoor RO set up and do you use a booster pump effectively so that the end flow of pure is of a decent speed.

Im not going to name who I brought the RO from but I havent been impressed by them. They packed the wrong stuff, then claimed they hadn't, then tried to charge me to send the right stuff out next day! Couldn't believe what I was hearing.

Hense I want a second opinion about this booster pump for my indoor set up

Just getting a trickle of water, you have no anther option but to buy a booster pump. I get 1l of pure in about 1min 20 sec with a booster pump at 70psi. It dose still look like a trickle coming out the hose and in to the the water butt. But I only have a 450 gallon a day ro

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

i have one from purefreedom, Aquatic 8800, WCW have the similar ones, all around £110. you need one regardless. Aquatic are british made, keep them on around 4-8 hours.

what ro is it, it will prob take around 5-6 hours to get a ouple of hundred litres this weather. so you better get a couple of 220 litre garden butts to store it . otherwise you will get up one morning realising you forgot to put the ro on the day before.

i have one from purefreedom, Aquatic 8800, WCW have the similar ones, all around £110. you need one regardless. Aquatic are british made, keep them on around 4-8 hours.
Hello Johnny,

4-8 hrs on the Aquatic 8800 that sounds ok, I had a booster pump a few yrs back but had to put it on for 30mins then off for 30mins I was told to let it cool down, still burnt out after 4/5 months knackered the transformer.

My pressure is very low especially in winter it's hovering around 25psi with 40/21 hf5 membrane.

So that model is good for at least a few hrs running without a problem of burning out?

Cheers Dean

The trouble I have is the pressure is so low that the bigger pumps designed for the 40/40 & 40/21 systems needs a minimum 1.5 bar(21.7psi) pressure delivering the water to the booster pump otherwise the motor will suffer internal damage as it says on Gardiners site.

Does anyone have their RO set up indoors due to living in flats, as I do?
Just brought my RO yesterday, set it all up in the bathroom and connected it to the bath tap.

Flushed it out for 2 hours with a strong flow throught the waste pipe. Happy days.

Then once I connected the DI to the system, the end result was a tiny trickle of pure out the other end. Arrgghh! Water pressure inside my flat is low and not enough to push through a fast flow out the other side.

So, no good for me. Phoned supplier and was then told that I need a booster pump to make the flow come out 'a bit faster'.

I want to know if anyone on here has an indoor RO set up and do you use a booster pump effectively so that the end flow of pure is of a decent speed.

Im not going to name who I brought the RO from but I havent been impressed by them. They packed the wrong stuff, then claimed they hadn't, then tried to charge me to send the right stuff out next day! Couldn't believe what I was hearing.

Hense I want a second opinion about this booster pump for my indoor set up
Mine only produces 25ltres every hour n half [emoji30]

Back