Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Slight Scratches On Upvc Window Ledge

johnny bravo

had a mishap today on a good loyal customers window frame. been cleaning ice off window ledge with my applicator after the clean to make them look cleaner and to clear the ledges of ice. anyway after clearing off ice and drying i noticed a few scratches on his ledge, very light but noticeable . have any guys used a good tcut type solution to try to make them look less visible with good results. its on ground floor level so is more viewable. any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks. wouldnt be too bad upstairs but thes things happen to the best of us.

Did the custy notice? Also did you try using a UPVC cream cleaner after with a none scratch white pad / sponge chepo asda make pot scrubber?

That will normaly remove any lite scratches on pladtic I've found. /emoticons/wink.png

not while i was there, she paid i didnt notice till i dry clothed the ledge. try and sneak round and do it before i go back next 2 weeks, then when she comes out to tell me off i can say nothing there.

done this on a few ledges this morning and nothing, i dont know if there before i started but it wasnt there last clean, so im obvious suspect. as with your own house i wouldnt be happy. try and cover it with something to blend in.

TYPE10%20web.jpg
type 10 solvent cleaner.

TYPE10%20web.jpg
type 10 solvent cleaner.
Description:

Very strong cleaner. Will literally remove scratches from upvc by melting the plastic. Very good for remedying scratches to upvc windows caused by ladders. Buy it, you won't regret it because one day this product may save your bacon!

Back