Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Who's 'wind-ed off' ?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Jake

Absolutely blowing a gale here,

Anyone else taking the day off? Poles have turned into kites - no chance today, gonna do two essential houses (they have to be done today) then im calling it quits...

Had a gutter clean booked in for today, thats been postponed. going to stay off the ladders today.

The wind speed is far too dangerous for me to work safely outside today and even attempting to do any wfp work would be daft for me to even try. Therefore the work I had scheduled in for today has been cancelled.

I’m having a bit of a run on phone & online enquiries also booking works in at the mo so that should keep me busy in the office for a while.

I've also got to pop out later on to do some quotes but that’s about it for me today.

im busy today ws out from 8 but home now as wind is mad in belfast and i think there is a monsoon following me ???

in the estate next to my house i have 15 to do if wind relaxes later il go back out

I did one this morning

An old guy who has been messed about big time buy another windie

Then thought sod this and have delivered about 600 flyers

I got 5k a6 flyers printed for nothing by a mate who is a printer

I hate delivering them and isn't the most efficient way of getting work but if i can't get out and everyone is at work i stick em through doors locally

I have got work on my doorstep from them so every little helps bitbi prefer to canvass in the evenings when people are in..used to knock during the day and flyer those who are out but seemed to be flyering most houses anyway

Might spend my time practising my sorbo circle technique which i was doing last night while bored

Managed to do it 0 detailing

Things i do when bored eh lol

i have flyers but im conserving my energy as they just dont work for me :-( i have one first clean meant for today and going to go do it and rest can wait as the wind is mental goin go out canvassing from bout 4 to 8

Flyers are seeming to work ok round here

Targeting specific small roads of about 60 ish houses and getting a couple of jobs each road

Cant really do owt in this. Need to get some done as well as I dont get much time to catch up.

Always found leaflets **** but ive had 4 jobs off the last 500 which is a good return imo. I think its same as canvassing though if you drop on right area results will be better. Got to go collecting later on a few late payers so might as well do an hours knocking whilst im out

I managed a full day of first cleans, felt like I was wrestling all day I'm totally knackered time for beer me thinks, bugger just remembered got to canvass again /emoticons/sad.png

we used poles today instead of ladders , didnt enjoy driving over the Orwell bridge winds buffeted van

Managed no bother, we got that Brazilian (Smurf reference) done a treat.

Notts is sweet weather wise, all hills and gullies, if you have a few 'as and whens' on the list you can usually find one to work regardless of weather so managed to pull in a days rate.

Right after went to a small (40 minute) gutter job and didn't even get ladders off the van, just knocked on and said 'see you tomorrow' custie understood.

Driving home, gear linkage selector went on van and lost all gears. Momma didn't raise no fool! I got AA - called local garages whilst waiting for AA to pull up £220 - £260 + VAT. well there goes a day rate. /emoticons/sad.png really ****** off now! AA man arrives and says 'these zip ties will get you home' and here's a eBay link to a £10 clamp designed as a fix as this is common on all these models!'

Woo hoo, first time I ever broke a van and got off for just a tenner! /emoticons/smile.png)

Back on top! /emoticons/smile.png)

The wind was a struggle today. I admitedley ploughed on through as I only did half day yesterday as van was getting signed. Van looking good apart from them spelling website.... 'Web site' which is bugging me. Its only a small bit of text but going to mention it to them.:mad:....../emoticons/smile.png

Back