Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

yes!!! first job done but a serious learning curve

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Good job :thumbsup:. How do you lads who offer pressure washing find the time between window cleaning? Fair play, but the storing of all the gear and all that mess puts me off.

im going to do it on weekends, i don't do much then anyway now my lads are older & i keep it all in a shed at my mums,

Good job :thumbsup:. How do you lads who offer pressure washing find the time between window cleaning? Fair play, but the storing of all the gear and all that mess puts me off.
I agree a bit here

Infact I've lost little interest in pressure washing

Last year I was solid working sat and sun and late evenings

It was actually a welcome change from being on the glass

This year I'm actually turning away jobs lying and saying fully booked

It's messy and hard graft

Windows is simple

Much more stress

Another thing is a provided aftercare leaflets with every job and a year on getting calls saying weeds coming back

Looks like a dream job that, lovely big slabs with good pointing, with my set up I would hammer that in no time at all, in fact it would be embarrassing how quick that would be.

Just noticed that half clean pic, you used turbo on the lot? would of took all day then I reckon.

With the rotary it would be pretty much the same as mowing a lawn.

im doing a full kitchen clean Saturday

Will be removing hoods and steaming outside

Dreading it

More and more finding excuses not to do it

Honestly? time is a big struggle right now, working 6 day weeks (was 7 but **** that, makes me ill with my heart I can't work like that these days) seriously looking at how to split the business in two because its getting close to full time with both windows and pressure washing, people are having to wait 4 weeks for pressure washing jobs and getting 2-3 weeks behind on windows.

I agree a bit hereInfact I've lost little interest in pressure washing

Last year I was solid working sat and sun and late evenings

It was actually a welcome change from being on the glass

This year I'm actually turning away jobs lying and saying fully booked

It's messy and hard graft

Windows is simple

Much more stress

Another thing is a provided aftercare leaflets with every job and a year on getting calls saying weeds coming back
It might be messy but the money is a lot better than windows, I prefer to do a £200 driveway in 4hrs than clean windows on 15 houses.

you dont have a copy of that leaflet i could look at , well nick to be honest do you please

Just noticed that half clean pic, you used turbo on the lot? would of took all day then I reckon.
With the rotary it would be pretty much the same as mowing a lawn.
i've only got a turbo & the one it came with 25 ? so no choice , might invest in a fsc though cos it took me 9 hrs lmao

i've only got a turbo & the one it came with 25 ? so no choice , might invest in a fsc though cos it took me 9 hrs lmao
What power machine is it? 15 is absolute minimum for fsc really, and being honest I wasn't impressed with them until I got a 21 and jetted the fsc correctly, but on a job like that a fsc would of made it into a couple of hours.

What power machine is it? 15 is absolute minimum for fsc really, and being honest I wasn't impressed with them until I got a 21 and jetted the fsc correctly, but on a job like that a fsc would of made it into a couple of hours.
its a 17 so hopefully it would run one

You re-sand the same day? I have only ever managed that a hand full of times in several years, on blistering hot days, even then its a touch dicky as it can still be damp deep in the cracks.

Back