Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Tank Or Pump Covers?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Window Cleaning Rayleigh

Alright lads! Just wondering if any of u guys cover your tank and pump overnight to try and keep the chill off? Was thinking bout some proper thick duvet that's designed for camping maybe? As gone out to my van and the water in the tank is frozen so it must also be frozen in the pump to!

I have a duvet over my tank and as the pumps are on the side of the tank frame those are covered as well.

This won't keep the tank from freezing eventually but will slow the process down. I still keep a heater in my van during the winter to stop everything freezing up.

Don't like the green house heaters , get a heater from machine mart £25 , get up half hour before you normally get up plug it in and its all defrosted in half hour thats what i do and if you haven't got a bulk head in your van turn your heaters up and point the heater vents towards the back of the van while your driving that keeps it warm mate

I have a 30 year old 800 watt wall heater that I fitted onto a frame I welded up 25 years ago - one each for the children's bedrooms overseas. I have fitted each of them with a frost thermostat and they go into the vans (mine only this year though) and it has kept them from freezing up, even in the cold of the 2009/10 winter.

The temps outside is 2 degrees and my van is the only vehicle in the street with no snow on it, but the heater is cold so hasn't been on for a while. There is no ice in the backpack or the van tank at all. One day I will insulate the roof as well.

Back