Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cleaning of front store with waterfed pole. Description needed.

Yakir

Hi mates,

I read a lot about English style of front store window cleaning, with pure water stored in van tank.

The method is interesting, but I look for more details.

How many water you need to take to daily round?

How many shops you can clean daily?

I understand, that it is depends on many factors but answer like: “from… – to…” will helps me.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Google water fed pole window cleaning

It is not clean water it is pure water which has been through filters to take all the impurities out of it

to b honist ide use trad on shops unless there huge pains of glass that r high but if u were cleaning 8 hours a day on shops then ude need 500l plus and thats using a pole tap or aquadapter,aqua tap my best advice is to just get a big tank system u then have the option to not fill it all the way as an when needed ,but ide trad shops if i was u mch less hassel

I think the majority of shop fronts are done traditionally in this country. This would be mainly because working in the high or main street could pose risks to shoppers due to hoses being a trip hazard.

In the UK winter, freezing water will cause a slip hazard which is another problem. Finding a park for the van near where you want to clean is also an issue. We used to try and clean early in the morning before many people were about, but that's not always easy. We did use wfp to do them in the Spring, Summer and Autumn but we used trad in Winter.

There was a group of cleaners in London who had garden trolleys (4 wheels) with 125 liter tanks, pumps, batteries, and a small pole and brush. They also had their trad gear and small steps or A frame ladders as well.

Obviously this was OK in streets which weren't hilly.

This is an example, although this isn't the photo I once saw

http://www.machinesthatclean.com/Water_Fed_Pole_hire.htm

Page down for the 4 wheeled trolley idea.

The amount of water you use will depend on your customers.

We use a Citroen Relay (Jumper) van SWB with a payload of 1145kgs. We have a 2 main system and the 2 of us usually work together these days. I have a 650 liter tank and we on average use about 500 liters between the 2 of us mainly doing residential (houses). I estimate that the pumps run for about half our working day, maybe a little less. The rest of the time is setting up, packing away, wiping sills and moving on to the next house.

However, we have a large school that we clean annually and our pumps run for about 85 - 90% of the time as its one window after another. On that job we use about 1000 liters of water a day. As it isn't far from home, we can slip home at lunch time and fill up whilst having something to eat and drink. That job lasts about a week and its our only job where we use that amount of water per day.

I would imagine that doing shop fronts all day you probably won't use as much water as you think you will. We don't do many shop fronts, but the cleaners who do don't spend every minute cleaning windows. They talk to the people in the street, write out receipts and collect money. We find that the banks and supermarkets usually have a cleaning company that is contracted to clean the large stuff, so all that's left is the small high street shops.

Latest Posts

Back