Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ultra, Mega Budget, Cheapo Hot Wfp Solution?

Kips

Stick one of these in the tank, have it floating about the middle maybe held there by gaffa taping it to a stick, will heat the water and the van moving will mix it about. I doubt the water would get hot as in HOT but maybe in winter the extra degree or two would stop water freezing in the jets or on the glass?

Maybe if used inside a 25L barrell with a trolley it could provide more heat?

I know this is a seriously ghetto solution but.. why would it not work? I mean, apart from being a bit of a ridiculous solution, why not?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Brand-new-12v-heating-element-camping-touring-kettle-/140568264748?pt=UK_Car_Accessories_Touring_Travel&hash=item20ba85802c

Maybe kips... Someone on the forum bought a submersible pond heater..can't remember who.. But would be good to hear how it worked out

I'm thinking about getting one of these and having a barrell of 'hot' water in the van to use with a trolley for first cleans and the like

That thing works ok in a cup but like you said a bit of a ridiculous solution to try warming large volums of water.

Even running a gas water heater on full power to warn up cold in a small 250 ltr van tank the water can take a very long time to heat up. That's why ppl use them mostly after the wfp pump on demand instead as saves gas and time in doing so.

Hmm. Maybe i'll try a 12v kettle and just boil some pure water then /emoticons/tongue.png

If I pour 2 kettlefulls into a 25L drum it should warm it up no?

Best and quickest diy way I've heard If your home hot water tap ppm is very low you can fill containers and/or van tank directly from your home hot water system. Either by fitting and outside hot water tap or using hose adaptors from an inside tap and run it through a DI tank either inline as you fill or after if you have a DI fitted in a van . Would imagine it would cost more in resin and add a bit to your gas bill but the water should stay warmish for quite a while.

I've also see a vid on the net somewhere someone had fitted a 240 volt kettle element into a backpack and uses 240v plug/power to run it.

Someone else has fitted a domestic hot water emersion tank into their van too.

I'm also aware of some ppl using large submersible water heaters either in static pure water holding tanks or in van tanks which can warm the water up overnight.

Finally on demand gas or diesel hot water systems fitted in a van are the most common and preferred method window cleaners use for hot water fed pole work.

Would I mess about using a keetle to boil pure water the answer would be NO... :Image3:

Was it not Mark Munro who has the domestic hot water emersion element?

Thought it was a good idea! just to take the chill off the water!

Yep here is his vid

Jeff brimble actually went one step further and fitted a whole domestic electric hot water emersion tank into his van. Being insulated I guess the water stays warmer for longer that just using a plastic tank.

I'm gonna try the kettle. Just for a laugh, mostly, but also to see if it works. Watch this space..

Latest Posts

Back