Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Green stuff inside my tank ?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

baconlover1

HI people another question for you guys ,Just got all my Ro bits and bobs and also a TDS meter so thought I would go testing water in my van as I have got about a quarter of a tank of water in it left from the other guy I brought my van off , taking a better look inside the tank it has a very light green layer of algee or something inside the tank im getting of reading of 023 before the di vessel and a reading of 009 after the di vessel out of the hose what is going to be the best way to clean the tank out is there any sort of additive or just jet wash it out ???

Any Advice please folks would be great cant wait to get up and running now .

Many Thanks

Take the tank out and give it a wash out. After the di vessel it should still be 0. did you get the di vessel with the tank.

Hi yes the di vessel came with the van im guessing it will need new resin as regards to the tank I would have to unbolt it from the chassis would I be able just to jet wash it out and then flush with a tank with pure water ???

Stick a bit of hose from tank outlet and out back of van and blast the **** out that way. i would change my resin iv heard you can shake the resin bottle and that rejeuvenates it for a while. open another thread as there are many idears what you can and cant get away with tds reading wise.

It has been carrying tap water & when the sunlight is on it causes that green/black stuff to grow.

As said try & blast clean it with water although you might not be to get it all off so it's probably worth buying a strainer (got mine from WCW) to insert into the hose between the tank & pump for some protection.

Could also mean your pump life has been shortened so might be worth buying another for backup.

i allways pump me water in the tank pure then u never get green algy bild up as above hose it with a pressure washer or fine squater hose atachment with the out let open /emoticons/smile.png

Twice a year i use a solution used for sterilising baby stuff in my ibc and working tank, Milton i think its called

Reason for this is to prevent algae and legionnaires disease. Once clean you can either wrap or paint the tank black to prevent light getting through and causing algae blooms

Latest Posts

Back