Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Closing The Deal

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Richard Barnes

Done about 3 hour canvasing today not got anyone signed at all 5 or 6 maybes and thats it, whats the best way to get them to sign up on the door step? because the very really ring you later do they.

Alot seemed to have a window cleaner and all happy with them, did set myself a target of getting 20 today as well cos id not really been out this week, my best last week was 9 in one half day

So a verbal agreement then as the way you worded it thought you meant signing a contract (sign up)?

I wouldn't put it down to your salesman skills everyone is skint at this time of year they probally do want you to clean there windows but just maybe in a month or 2 when money is a bit better I canvassed the last 2 Januarys and did **** only picking up the odd customer imo the best time to canvass is in march/april, people have a bit more money and days are longer and they start to notice the windows more also at this time of year the summer beer windys arnt out n about yet so you beet them to it. don't take this as gospel this is just my findings

Ull make up for it wen u go out again and pick up a shitload of mor customers /emoticons/smile.png

If they are happy with their window cleaner there is little you can do has been my experience. Nobody is going to burn their bridges with an established window cleaner for somebody knocking the door. If they are happy with their window cleaner just move on to the next door, it's a numbers game, the more doors you knock the more customers you will get, some days are bad, some days are good.

I always feel if they say that they want a leaflet and will ring you then generally they are interested on some level, so tend to say we are in the street such and such a day can we fit you in? My canvassing has always been very straight to the point and keep them talking for a while. I think with all types of canvassing or selling anything whether it be in a shop or on the door, you are generally selling yourself rather than the product.

It also depends what cleaning services and cleaning methods you offer too.

I've found even if homeowners, landlords and tenants already have a regular window cleaner I can still gain work from them as most don’t offer the comprehensive and quality of services I can provide. /emoticons/wink.png

If they are happy with their window cleaner there is little you can do has been my experience. Nobody is going to burn their bridges with an established window cleaner for somebody knocking the door. If they are happy with their window cleaner just move on to the next door, it's a numbers game, the more doors you knock the more customers you will get, some days are bad, some days are good.
I always feel if they say that they want a leaflet and will ring you then generally they are interested on some level, so tend to say we are in the street such and such a day can we fit you in? My canvassing has always been very straight to the point and keep them talking for a while. I think with all types of canvassing or selling anything whether it be in a shop or on the door, you are generally selling yourself rather than the product.
That is so true. Having come from sales before there are 2 sayings that float around in every job i've been in but are very important when knocking doors for window cleaning. They are, like pdale has said, "People Buy People" and "a numbers game"

Don't want to teach you to suck eggs but;

* Dress smart (I wear a polo shirt and some jeans)

* Be polite and smile

* Don't walk on grass

* Close gates

* Keep it short and sweet

Back