Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Looking to buy an ro unit

I'm looking to buy an ro unit. But looking at the description there's 50gpd upwards. I have a 250 ltr tank. Which would be best to buy and where from
Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
a1a544930fb8762ef85633047674b931.jpg

Found this on eBay for £47 is this okay? Why are the other ro units £240? Would this do the job

find out what your water pressure is, if its around 70psi then you wont need a booster pump or a ro with booster fitted if its under that you will need a booster. its been said on this forum that the min ro you need for a 1 man set up is a 450 gpd ro.

thats what iv started out with:thumbsup: dose for me for now

450gpd RO I got mine from daqua.co.uk for £150 and Doug is a top man who will go above and beyond to help you out if you encounter any issues further down the line , I messed mine up after changing membranes and Doug spent quite a bit of time on the phone with me talking me through the correct set up .

I'm looking to buy an ro unit. But looking at the description there's 50gpd upwards. I have a 250 ltr tank. Which would be best to buy and where from
A 50GPD system sounds adequate to do the job as you are only using 250 liters of water a day.

But your 50 gallons are US gallons - hence 200 liters. Your GPD is over a 24 hour period. The specification is arrived at under perfect conditions which include water pressure and water temperature. In our every day use I doubt you will get half that and in winter it gets even worse due to the water's changing viscosity.

At least with a 450 GPD you will have a little room for growth. We found our 450GPD was fine for 1 person but we struggled with 2 of us using the same supply.

Last edited by a moderator:
find out what your water pressure is, if its around 70psi then you wont need a booster pump or a ro with booster fitted if its under that you will need a booster. its been said on this forum that the min ro you need for a 1 man set up is a 450 gpd ro.
thats what iv started out with:thumbsup: dose for me for now
I don't agree you'll 'need' a booster pump if the water is under 70psi. A 250L system for a loan worker will be a doddle to fill if organized properly /emoticons/smile.png

My 450gpd RO is producing 300ltrs in around 8-9 hours at this time of year longterm as Spruce says go bigger then you are future proofing things and it longterm its also cheaper .

Back