Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

If living in a flat where can you put a storage tank for pure water and tools

WCF

Help Support WCF:

slippy

If I bought a garage, would I be able to get a tap plumbed in? is a garage a good idea?

Are there any other options? Can you set the RO up in your van? But I guess you still need an outside tap!

If I bought a garage, would I be able to get a tap plumbed in? is a garage a good idea?
Are there any other options? Can you set the RO up in your van? But I guess you still need an outside tap!
Hey Slippy - have you got a van?

Yes if you can run a pipe from your supply over your land.

A garage would be nice :)

Lots.

Yes.

Yes. Or a long hose and understanding house mates ;-)

Have you any friends/family local where you could fill up.

I would go D.I only, gt the biggest tank i could carry, and fill it from friends/family/custies or even using the pressure washer at a local garage.

Another idea, pretty good one actually /emoticons/wink.png is ask a local shop/restaurant/pub etc if you can use there outside tap to fill up a few times a week in exchange for cleaning there windows?

No haven't got a van, but that would be a possibility in the future. The water in my area is too hard for just a DI. If I had a ground floor flat (but no garden), could I run a hose from my flat to an RO in a van?

Could this be done if I rent/ get a garage?

Girlfriend has a garden, could she be convinced to have an RO?

I have been looking for a flat, but it's hard to find one with a garden which allows a big tank and storage place for tools.

What is the best option from above?

The Prob with ro is the time it takes and the waste water. If you can do it at your girlfriends, why not?

Renting a garage with no tap, you can't put one in cause it's not your property.

Sounds like you have no other options as you don't have a van or property with a tap.

No haven't got a van, but that would be a possibility in the future. The water in my area is too hard for just a DI. If I had a ground floor flat (but no garden), could I run a hose from my flat to an RO in a van?
Could this be done if I rent/ get a garage?

Girlfriend has a garden, could she be convinced to have an RO?

I have been looking for a flat, but it's hard to find one with a garden which allows a big tank and storage place for tools.

What is the best option from above?
Hey Slippy, if you will transporting smaller amounts of water in a car then I would personally suggest doing trad & getting a WFP back pack system with some spare 25 litres in the boot.

Use DI until you grow your round, get a van etc.

I live in Brighton which is hard water and I use DI quite happily.

Good luck with it all :thumbsup:

Bournemouth. I can buy the water and use 25 litre barrels. £10 Just thought it would be more convenient if I had an RO. I guess a small shared garden or garage would be tricky with the waste water. Is it a case of getting own garden or convincing girlfriend? Go trad. Anyone take me out for a day to get more confident on ladders? I got one, but never felt super confident on them.

Could I buy a garage for RO and storage? is this possible?

Be cheaper to buy the water I think if you can get for £1 20L like others, and less hassle for you.

Back