Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hindsight Is A Wonderful Thing

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Smurf

Hindsight is a wonderful thing....

Customer had a nice new glass conservatory built the width of the back of his house. Looks very nice then in hindsight thought better give me a call as the guttering above the conservatory has never I mean never been cleaned out since the house was built.

Was an absolute mare of a job to do but at least I had to do next door too and to my disappointment they had a conservatory too. At least I had room to give that one a hand job and guttervaced the other from the front of the other conservatory.

Never mind all in a day’s work I suppose.

View attachment 2476

Hello stranger....both lady cutomers as usual where delighted JD. Funny I did not get one piece of muck on the glass roof either. :Image10:

Self cleaning glass and all that but was filthy with builders dust so said to the customer for a crack " is that self cleaning glass" he said "yes it is" I then said "I hope is rains soon then but give me a call if you want the glass cleaning properly" :Image13:

You and your handjobs smurf! I hope the customer was happy with the outcome.....

Couldn't do that side with a ladder so cleared it out using a guttervac from the ground instead.

Not wanting to damage the new conservatory I placed a ladder onto the front of the conservatory roof using a microlite stand-off to rest the guttervac pole onto then moved it along to do sections at a time. Doing it that way the guttervac pole was easier to manage as used the microlite to take the weight of the pole. As always when sucking up loads wet/damp tile grit the pole became a lot heavier as was sticking to the inside of the pole.

To make the job go quicker I normally would have used a pole with a tool to break up the compacted damp tile grit & debris first but did not on that one as wanted to keep **** from falling onto the glass so took longer to do.

Latest Posts

Back