Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Collecting

WCF

Help Support WCF:

charlie tapper

hi guys any suggestions on collecting methods. worst part of the job i think . do your days work to go bk later and collect money to find out customer not in or can you come bk another night as i have no money.

some people leave the moneywhich is ok , but it gets annoying going bk especially like i say if you have to go bk a few times as not in or not have or spent money .

so using up more fuel going bk to same job collecting making the jobs less proffitable.

i have thought about giving bank details out to customers so they can pay money straight in but think still doing that you will have to chase people up for the cash and how would you know whos paid up .

i realise that collecting it in person is part of the job but even if it could be minimized slightly that would be beneficial ...

any suggestions chaps ??

Don't do it, simples! /emoticons/smile.png Leave an envelope so that they can send you a cheque, I don't put stamps on mine but some do. Offer them the ability to pay through online banking, they can put a short reference on the payment which allows you to tie it up, you need online banking yourself to keep control of it all. Or get them to pay by standing order, that requires a high degree of trust from your customers though.

Don't do it, simples! /emoticons/smile.png Leave an envelope so that they can send you a cheque, I don't put stamps on mine but some do. Offer them the ability to pay through online banking, they can put a short reference on the payment which allows you to tie it up, you need online banking yourself to keep control of it all. Or get them to pay by standing order, that requires a high degree of trust from your customers though.

as above i never collect

Has to be done... If their not in dont go back unless your passing by or your collecting again mate but u just double it next time u clean /emoticons/smile.png im owed about 140 kwid

i only collect for 1-2 hours on thursday and fridays.. most people get the money sorted when they see the windows cleaned today ticket and know i will be calling either thursday or friday night.. some people who are not in that often will leave it out for me..

people who keep saying call back, or they are never there are startinng to get took off my books.. but luckily thats not all that many

Latest Posts

Back