Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1 pump 2 containers?

M

Monkeyfoot

Got a trolley system, rather than lifting it in & out & changing barrels all day, would it be possible to put a t or y peice in the 'suction' hose then draw water from 2 or more containers at the same time? Thus being confident of leaving trolley in the van & not running out of water. Any thoughts?

Got a trolley system, rather than lifting it in & out & changing barrels all day, would it be possible to put a t or y peice in the 'suction' hose then draw water from 2 or more containers at the same time? Thus being confident of leaving trolley in the van & not running out of water. Any thoughts?
You could try it. It wouldn't cost a lot to experiment. When I used to fill my barrels (DI) only I had a brain wave. I decided that if I fitted a hozelock Y piece I could fill 2 barrels at the same time. Slight problem...it didn't work as the tap water was flowing more to the one side of the Y and not filling one of the barrels at the same rate as the other.

It should work as long as everything is level and same size, water will take the shortest easiest route so if one hose is longer or the t/y piece is vertical it'll probably draw water out at different rates, worth a play around with though

Back