Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Insurance Faq

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Firstly may I apologise for asking a question I'm sure has been asked a million times before but a quick search has shown no answer. Therefore can I suggest to the Mods that this FAQ becomes a sticky for people to ask all insurance related questions?

I have recently brought public liability insurance to cover my round and am covered up to just £1,000,000, as at this stage I am just looking for domestic work. I have a contact at the local HQ of the St. John's Ambulance charity who tells me they are looking for an insured window cleaner. So my question is- is my £1,000,000 cover sufficient for this type of contract or is it down the the charities/companies discretion of how much cover they require?

Also should I look at covering myself for more anyway? What do most trads have?

Many thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

that amount of insurance should be fine, most people have that.

what you could do is go upto them and say that you have insurance and will this be be enough or do you require more? if you do require more that you can up it.

i have just increased mine from £1,000,000 to £5,000,000 and it hasnt increase the total i pay by much, it was only about £30 extra over the year.

1 million is fine

Aslong as your insured /emoticons/smile.png

But u will find that big commercial jobs like to make sure u have cover up to 5 instead of 1 /emoticons/smile.png

1 mill sweet for domestic work.. Just ask how much the company requirements are.. I got to quote a library and had 2mill but they needed 5mill, I said I can increase in a matter of a phone call. Quote was accepted and I had to increase to the 5. How much is your insurance costing now?

1 mill sweet for domestic work.. Just ask how much the company requirements are.. I got to quote a library and had 2mill but they needed 5mill, I said I can increase in a matter of a phone call. Quote was accepted and I had to increase to the 5. How much is your insurance costing now?
my insurance in now £129 for a year.

Back