Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

pole hose has low pressure

sean smith

hi,

i am experiencing much lower water pressure coming from the reel hose. its coming out of my filter system at high pressure

but when i attach the reel hose it comes out at a much lower pressure

cant see any blockages.

its a smaller diameter hose so i would have thought that would make it even higher pressure.

any ideas?

thanks,

sean

Hi Sean, I think you may be confusing volume with pressure. Low pressure can push a considerable volume of water down a large bore hose say 1" hose. My transfer pump is low pressure but can throw water maybe 15 feet down my garden from a 1" hose totally flooding it in seconds. However, connect it to a 6mm hose and all you get is a dribble.

You need a low volume high pressure pump to get water down a small hose in enough volume to clean windows. something like a Sureflo 5l/min 100psi.

Hi Sean, I think you may be confusing volume with pressure. Low pressure can push a considerable volume of water down a large bore hose say 1" hose. My transfer pump is low pressure but can throw water maybe 15 feet down my garden from a 1" hose totally flooding it in seconds. However, connect it to a 6mm hose and all you get is a dribble.You need a low volume high pressure pump to get water down a small hose in enough volume to clean windows. something like a Sureflo 5l/min 100psi.[/quote

hi mark,

ok thanks very much i didn't realise that

i'll have to look into buying one then i think.

thanks for your help

all the best,

sean

Back