Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

bad customer

peter rogers

had my first bad customer ... ever done her windows on thursday and she rang up and complained today saying they wer rotting especially the downstairs ones and said cud i call out re do them nxt thursday ??? wtf

i asked was she in i call round she said she was out shopping and wouldn be home to late

i was in the area called round and looked they wer clean front and back this was a first clean tho i looked thru them all not even watermarks

i went back to van and noticed for sale sign up the cow lol

im going ring agent monday morning and bet there is a open house thursday

trying lag a free clean of me the @@@@

Go to the door now and have a word, take a look round and say they look fine but if she's not happy don't worry you can re do them to keep her happy but not till Friday.

If she has a an open house on Thursday as you suspect, egg the gaff Tuesday night, when she calls up panicked on Wednesday telling you she got egged you can charge your emergency call out rate for de-egging!

Iceland - 18 eggs = £1.50 :devil:

Sounds like shes taking the p*ss. Tell her that any marks are because she neglected them for so long, it'll get better on the next clean.... next month.

it was her first time and ive read bout cudstomers like her

she has the sign up for sale so dont think there be return custom lol im a busy guy and more jobs thasn runnin round after her

karma will get her back took half an hour and im not goin another half hour to her lol

Send her a letter saying you are charging 10% interest daily and she will.go to small claims court if she doesn't pay. .then go round and take pics of perfect windows

Perfectly within your rights

Not a lot of money but still don't let her take the ****

ring her estate agent pretending to be her partner and postpone the open house :itwasntme:
I have done something similar to someone who crossed my wife. Let's just say the ******* had a skip on their drive before it was collected by the skip company nearly empty :whistle:

We normally ensure we get paid at the time of 99% of our first cleans, although there is always the odd exception. We also expect that the agreed monthly/6 weekly clean to be renegotiated at the end of the clean by our new customer. If it is then that's the end of the business relationship. It's not taken personally.

In a case like this I would recommend you walk away. Every minute you spend on her from now on is costing you money you won't get back. Egging her windows could get you charged with vandalising her property.

Smile and move on. We once had a customer refuse to pay for a clean we did. About 4 years later he saw us in the street and asked if we would clean his windows. He didn't recognise me and I had changed the van. "Sorry Mr. C......., you owe me money from the last clean I did.

"I don't owe anyone any window cleaning money."

"Yes you do, You owe me from the time before the last window cleaner, and the reason why you don't owe him anymore is that he took you to the small claims court and your then girlfriend paid up on your behalf. So sorry Mr C ....., I won't be cleaning your windows and as you have a reputation among us window cleaners now I doubt you will find anyone of us to clean them."

That massive bird strike on his upstairs flat lounge window was there for a long time before it slowly disappeared. Every time I clean the house across the road I look at his flat and smile. I bet he looks at me and curses me; same situation just viewed from a different perspective.

A boss of mine's favourite saying was " Don't let the ******** grind you done.'

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/975012.stm

Last edited by a moderator:
Go to the door now and have a word, take a look round and say they look fine but if she's not happy don't worry you can re do them to keep her happy but not till Friday.
If she has a an open house on Thursday as you suspect, egg the gaff Tuesday night, when she calls up panicked on Wednesday telling you she got egged you can charge your emergency call out rate for de-egging!

Iceland - 18 eggs = £1.50 :devil:
1 large brick £0. Get a mate with mask to do it. Don't F with be Biachhh lol

Back