Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Eye Test

WCF

Help Support WCF:

johnny bravo

I know its not Window Cleaning related but i want to hear if anyone had similar experience

Went to Spec Savers yesterday for a simple eye test. Been a lot of years since my last one . Everything thing going ok . She then says ill put some eye drops in your eyes to stop my eye muscles from doing all the work . ie my right eye working harder to help my left eye . to that effect.
Walking the dog this morning the Sun is out . Previously i could walk facing the Sun with little effect on my eyes. Now i cannot even look towards the Sun . Brilliant white light Had to look away it was so bright.
i know when working in Sunny weather ive had no concerns with brightness or glare from the sun on the glass.

Im not looking forward to working now if this damage dosent go away.
Im going to find out what the Eye Drops were called to see if any permanent side effects can damage your vision & eyes.

Honestly wish i never said Ok to these drops . which did sting . Vision now worse than when i went for a check up .
They all lookked like they just left school . They cant be very experienced was my thinking .
Too late now . Ill have to wait till im out working .
Hope my sight is not damaged

I have had the drops in my eyes many many times and never had an issue.
I think they keep the iris open so they can see the back of your eye better, so your iris is still probably too open and allowing more light in.
Maybe just give it a day or so then hopefully they will have worn off.

I know its not Window Cleaning related but i want to hear if anyone had similar experience

Went to Spec Savers yesterday for a simple eye test. Been a lot of years since my last one . Everything thing going ok . She then says ill put some eye drops in your eyes to stop my eye muscles from doing all the work . ie my right eye working harder to help my left eye . to that effect.
Walking the dog this morning the Sun is out . Previously i could walk facing the Sun with little effect on my eyes. Now i cannot even look towards the Sun . Brilliant white light Had to look away it was so bright.
i know when working in Sunny weather ive had no concerns with brightness or glare from the sun on the glass.

Im going to find out what the Eye Drops were called to see if any permanent side effects can damage your vision & eyes.

Honestly wish i never said Ok to these drops . which did sting . Vision now worse than when i went for a check up .
They all lookked like they just left school . They cant be very experienced was my thinking .
You wouldn't believe how much traing and knowledge they have my daughter used to work for them before moving to boots the sun with glass damages your eyes i was allways told of for not working with polierid glasses

some have said mat take a week or 2 to get back to normal viewing as before . wish i said i dont want them . slight double vision when focosing . Hopefully it will rectify itself .
As Ched said Iris still not back to normal size

No never experience anything like this I would be straight on the phone to them as soon as they open Tuesday morning ,any other concerns phone nhs helpline 111 for advice , hope you recover soon ?

No never experience anything like this I would be straight on the phone to them as soon as they open Tuesday morning ,any other concerns phone nhs helpline 111 for advice , hope you recover soon ?
I quite agree. I wouldn't be wasting time on a forum asking for opinions I'd get on to 111 and ask for professional advice!!!! I'm sure it's nothing to worry about but until that's confirmed don't delay. Get on with it just in case.

my sight seems to be settling down to as it was . couldnt read what i used to though . ivr
e had eye test b4 but not with these drops in . to numb your eye muscles. . its the Sunlight i have concerns with . Hopefully the glare & Brightness has gone back to normal. otherwise it will be a nightmare to work in .

When a lad came out to help a while back he says he cant look uo when the Sun is out as its too bright in his eyes , even with a cap on .
hes on Phone & Xbox from a kids age .every time spare He blames that. too much glaring at a screen messed his eyes up

The Glare of the Sun . No one said look into the Sun . Im going to start wearing shades when the Sun is out now. Aldi usually have those cycling sun glasses .
Too much glare can speed up Catteracts in the eye at a later stage in age

The Glare of the Sun . No one said look into the Sun . Im going to start wearing shades when the Sun is out now. Aldi usually have those cycling sun glasses .
Too much glare can speed up Catteracts in the eye at a later stage in age
Polarised sunglasses are what you need fishing tackle shops do sell them as do the supermarkets you might pick up a half-decent pair for £30 if you are lucky enough not to need prescription sunglasses otherwise expect pay well over a £100

Polarised sunglasses are what you need fishing tackle shops do sell them as do the supermarkets you might pick up a half-decent pair for £30 if you are lucky enough not to need prescription sunglasses otherwise expect pay well over a £100
Asda Opticians also do polarised photochromatic lenses - they are called Drivewear! They never go completely clear, always have quite a tint but are polarising and do go darker when out in the sun - even behind the windscreen!
I think they are an extra £50 for the Drivewear lenses - same price as their photochromatic lenses but those are not polarised! If you go for the budget glasses at £45 plus the £50 for drivewear lenses you are covered!

Asda Opticians also do polarised photochromatic lenses - they are called Drivewear! They never go completely clear, always have quite a tint but are polarising and do go darker when out in the sun - even behind the windscreen!
I think they are an extra £50 for the Drivewear lenses - same price as their photochromatic lenses but those are not polarised! If you go for the budget glasses at £45 plus the £50 for drivewear lenses you are covered!
I wasn't aware of these new new lenses thanks for the heads up, £80 for the lenses at Vision express so quite a difference which is my opticians, I am overdue a new pair of sunglasses so I'll have a look at Asda and compare frames and prices ?

I wasn't aware of these new new lenses thanks for the heads up, £80 for the lenses at Vision express so quite a difference which is my opticians, I am overdue a new pair of sunglasses so I'll have a look at Asda and compare frames and prices ?
The lenses are made by Transisions so a decent brand. They are the only prescription photochromatics with polarisation that I could find. Have a search for Driveware lenses and see as they never go clear - always have a fair tint to them!

Asda opticians are really good. I broke my glasses a while back and couldn't get an appointment with them for a test, went to Boots for the test but their prices where stupid.
Ended up with 2 x Nike semi rimless frames 1 with normal photochromatic the other with the Drivewear for a total of £220 - inc £50 each for the photochromatics.
I also went back and had a pair of their budget frames with varifocals for a total of £45 inc lenses and frames! Just use them for when on laptop and want to keep an eye on TV :)

Latest Posts

Back