Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

A week of bad luck for me...

WCF

Help Support WCF:

rjacandwc

What a week it has been for me... I left my full time job at the end of April and started progressing nicely with my Window Cleaning... Until my Back went on me. I have been in nothing more than pain and I am totally stressed out!. I am really in need of some Window Cleaning to get myself back to the normal way of well being... I am up to 145 custys now and a few new ones have not seen me yet due to the bad Back. I just hope that I am back to normal on Tuesday. I can then get back out there and get my work back in order. I am feeling proper stressed at the moment!... just when thinkg were going great!... I am certainly not in the mood for chocolate!!!...

Look pal do NOT rush with a bad back, you can make things a lot worse, only go when you feel you can. I know things look bad but worrying won't help. Try to just relax this weekend and see how you feel each day.

It sucks I know, my back has gone a couple of times and I have long term problems with it, and all you can do is take it easy when you have one, otherwise the pain won't go...

Where you work?

any window cleaners round there you could trust to cover for you or help you out for a week or 2

have you tried one of those teens machines about £12 great bit of kit .i use mine every time it starts to hurt ,20 mins at a time. get one.[/align]

Advertise for a young lad for £50 a day and you will get loads of choice. Go round wih them but they do the work and you get paid (lees I know). Build up you round and do it this way. My mate does this with 3 blokes - never actually window cleaned himsefl in his life!!

It is hard to do as you need to be tough but it is a way of earning a living

Never tried myself, but i have heard that an inversion table can work wonders for bad backs. I used to get bad backs quite often when i was a busdriver, but hardly get them at all now. Hope it gets better soon though mate!.

Believe it or not resting up with a bad back is the worst thing you can do. I don't mean if you are in agony get out working but keep moving and active it will get better quicker.

Went out today (after being told by the MET that is was going to rain all day) and managed to clean 14 regulars and a new custy. Back is feeling much better. Took my time. I can normally do x3 houses per hour (Housiung Blocks)... But. took my time... Only x2 per hour... Not only that feeling alot more positive for tomorrow. Really had to pick myself up this morning after not being out for a week... Self Motivation is something I seriously need to learn. After my first house I am ok all day. It is just getting myself going in the morn... Felt great when i got home... Seem go go up and down... I have only just gone full time!!!... Is this a common problem less experienced window cleaners or do I have a Mental Health problem???... Cheers lads above for you comments...

Seem go go up and down... I have only just gone full time!!!... Is this a common problem less experienced window cleaners or do I have a Mental Health problem???...

im like this as well mate you just gotta fight through **** times. iv had times in the past two years where i litterally been close to tears. your doing really well so keep at it. My heads gone a few times recently , lost all motivation etc. it sounds cliche but concentrate o the good stuff and just block out the bad. If it was easy surely everyone would be working for themselves

Snap. My back went on me the other day, and I too, just left my job to start window cleaning. Necked some tramadol last nite Hoping to ease the pain. but I just woke up. I am sSwear word!ping this week. Hopefully next week is a better one, lol

Back