Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

I am starting to hate my van now

davewindowcleaner

I brought this ford connect over a year ago, the last 3, 4 month my van won't stop leaking oils. I took the van back to the mechanic 3 times to get it fixed but it keep leaking oils on the road, My neighbours now making comments to me '' Do you know your van is leaking oils Dave'' No sh*t Sherlock!

The thing is I don't know what to do, the road where I parked is black covered in oils. I gonna struggle selling this van.

Well if the gearbox is leaking you may be able to add something to it to seal any leaks from seals. I used some stuff on an older gearbox and it stopped a leak.

Had this issue on my Celica and fixed it with tightening few bolts on the gearbox - it was repaired at some stage before and mechanic forgot to tighten them. Remember to top up the oil!

trouble with oil leaks is u fix one then a nother springs but this is usly on old engines , usly gear box dont leak if they do its usly the drive shaft seals wich is a easy fix it may also need to steem clean the bottom engine splash cover as it probly has pools of oil every were ? ur engine may even be no longer leaking oil it could just be the botton enging splash cover?

Latest Posts

Back