Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Issues With My Pump Today

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Donny

Well things were going too well lol

OK today i have had an issue with my pump, its a Shuriflo 100psi

Basically when i put controller over 65psi the pump cuts on and off the controller reads DE now its connected too the reel and pole and no taps off , ive a Cleaning spot controller but have no instructions on how too use it, when i press the right hand button it give me Flow then Battery power then Calibration , this comes up at 0.00 but have no idea how too change that or even what it should be set at, it was a real pain today as it was causing issues with my gas heater, obviously if the flow was stopping and starting the burner was going off and on also it needs a high flow too kick in so i had too do without it

Any ideas guys, is my pump fooked?? is it a wiring fault?? it seems to work fine below 65 psi but if i turn up higher it starts saying DE and pump goes off and on HELP lol

ps i have ordered a pump from that link H put up ( thanks buddy)

anybody got instructions for this thing lol and what should cal be set at and how do ya do it??? i know how too turn flow up and down and how to check battery voltage it reads 12.9 by ra way, dunno what split relay is fitted

View attachment 1680

View attachment 1129

Sorry donny not used a cleaning spot one could try giving em a ring or email for copy of instructions de obviously dead end it isn't the flow valve on heater is it try bypassing and see if pressure better after that not sure

Battery sounds good voltage wise so can discount that all good always had the opposite prob with the varistream stopping the pump so far

Well things were going too well lolOK today i have had an issue with my pump, its a Shuriflo 100psi

Basically when i put controller over 65psi the pump cuts on and off the controller reads DE now its connected too the reel and pole and no taps off , ive a Cleaning spot controller but have no instructions on how too use it, when i press the right hand button it give me Flow then Battery power then Calibration , this comes up at 0.00 but have no idea how too change that or even what it should be set at, it was a real pain today as it was causing issues with my gas heater, obviously if the flow was stopping and starting the burner was going off and on also it needs a high flow too kick in so i had too do without it

Any ideas guys, is my pump fooked?? is it a wiring fault?? it seems to work fine below 65 psi but if i turn up higher it starts saying DE and pump goes off and on HELP lol

ps i have ordered a pump from that link H put up ( thanks buddy)

anybody got instructions for this thing lol and what should cal be set at and how do ya do it??? i know how too turn flow up and down and how to check battery voltage it reads 12.9 by ra way, dunno what split relay is fitted

attachicon.gif
003 (Copy).JPG
Hi mate, on all these controllers press arrow up and enter button together, you`ll be in calibration settings 0-99, set to 99 and see if that sorts problem for you... (basically less sensitive)
Also what heater are you using? mine fires at 25 on digital controller.

Its a Cointra heater, from Spain sold by Poisedon Products, dissnae fire till at least 70 on controller, i will try that cal setting thanks for the info mate, i have a Reach2clean heater ready too fit if mine is faulty , it is 3 years old the Cointra

Slightly off topic but does pure water damage the heater over time as pure water is not recommended in some pipe work

Its a Cointra heater, from Spain sold by Poisedon Products, dissnae fire till at least 70 on controller, i will try that cal setting thanks for the info mate, i have a Reach2clean heater ready too fit if mine is faulty , it is 3 years old the Cointra
you didn`t pay 199 for the reach to clean did you?

Slightly off topic but does pure water damage the heater over time as pure water is not recommended in some pipe work
shouldn`t think so, all pure water is, is water with the electrical ions removed (low conductivity) which is why the tds meter gives you a lower electrical reading through the terminals

you didn`t pay 199 for the reach to clean did you?
Good heaters with the digital readout, but you can buy the same ones for 95-100 on ebay.... or china. (i`ve had 1) 8l version kicked in at 25-30 low pressure.

This is good news based on the corrosion we get on battery cubicles at work when the batteries get topped up with di water some gets spilt the corrosion over time is rapid and definetley destroys zinc coatings

This is good news based on the corrosion we get on battery cubicles at work when the batteries get topped up with di water some gets spilt the corrosion over time is rapid and definetley destroys zinc coatings
Q:

At the plant I work at we are trying to us DI water as a pre-rinse for cast iron brake parts. The engineer is telling us that the DI water is not suitable for this application as it is destroying the parts, we belive it is no caused by the DI water, but some other unforeseen problem. Who would be right? He claims that the lack of ions causes the water to "attack" the cast iron attempting to get minerals from the part.

- Tim S. (age 31)

Columbia, Sc, USA

A:

I've heard that said from time to time but don't have a clue to whether or not it is true. I went to the web and did some searching and found one decent article on a study done by NASA. I figured they are as reliable as any. The gist of it is that the common metals like aluminum, boron-steel, stainless steel, etc. are not affected. A few metals like copper and tungsten are corroded by DI water and shouldn't be used in nuclear reactors. Unfortunately, cast iron is not on their list of tested materials so your question remains unanswered. One point to remember is that these tests were done with total immersion for several weeks at a temperature of 100o F. If you are using DI for a brief pre-wash the time scale doesn't seem long enough to incur significant damage. If you want to read the NASA article yourself, go to:

http://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/casi.ntrs.nasa.gov/19690015779_1969015779.pdf

LeeH

I'm puzzled as to why DI water would be noticeably more corrosive than tap water. It does become slightly acidic due to dissolved CO2from the air, but it's a little surprising for that to have such a big effect. The chemical potential of iron ions will of course be lower if they are at lower concentration, so DI is "hungrier" for them, just as your engineer said. Unless the concentration in the tap water were high, it's hard for me to see why that would have more than a minor effect on the corrosion rate. But maybe we're missing something. Have you considered taking small samples of your iron and leaving them for a while in pots of DI and tap water to see if there's any difference in corrosion? We'd love to hear the results. Mike W.

(published on 08/22/2011)

Sorry post should have read this is good news and the rest was just explanation of why what I heard did make some sense or not as the case would be

Sorry post should have read this is good news and the rest was just explanation of why what I heard did make some sense or not as the case would be
I think top and bottom is not really for most metals, and the ones it does affect, it would have to be immersed for weeks at a high temp to do anything dramatic

i didnt pay nothin for it mate, i went away too buy van and heater wouldnt work, so fella said ill buy you a new one you just take van the now, so he sent me the reach 2 clean heater and i sent him money for van, fair enough, meantime my mate a gas engineer got heater going by fixing a leak on the gas pipe haha, heater works real well but wont kick in till flow is high like i said about 70 ish normally , this issue with the DE thing means i cannae use it at the mo which is a pain, ill try tomorrow bypassing heater and if that aint problem well i'll need too find what is

i didnt pay nothin for it mate, i went away too buy van and heater wouldnt work, so fella said ill buy you a new one you just take van the now, so he sent me the reach 2 clean heater and i sent him money for van, fair enough, meantime my mate a gas engineer got heater going by fixing a leak on the gas pipe haha, heater works real well but wont kick in till flow is high like i said about 70 ish normally , this issue with the DE thing means i cannae use it at the mo which is a pain, ill try tomorrow bypassing heater and if that aint problem well i'll need too find what is
Result!
try the calibraton, should work. and takes 2 seconds.

i did think that could be case Doug as today its working fine , im getting a multimeter to check it all, think ill take off and clean all the connectors from the split relay ps ill post you cheque this coming week been a bit lazy thisweek lol

Back