Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

When to leave full time job

WagtailMat

hey guys just want some advice I'm starting to get real busy with my window cleaning buisness but I have a full time job and I'm scared of leaving my job too soon but also leaving my job to late if that makes sense ? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated

What I did was gradually go part time with my regular job until I quit completely. I dropped one day a week every so often until I was only working in the warehouse two days a week. When I was ready to hand my notice in I was a bit nervous. Not because of what they'd say but because I was apprehensive of leaving completely. I knew that once I left the warehouse I was completely on my own and it was unlikely that I'd get my old job back if things went wrong. My Mrs basically told me to go for it and said that she'd cover any loss of earnings. There never was any loss of earnings and things worked out ok.

The minute you decide you want to be you're own boss is the time to walk out and make it happen.

Or sit there being told what to do all day and dream on.

Upto you. I have never messed with part time this part time that just 100% of my time devoted to any project.

True I dunno I guess I'm worried that I won't be able to pay the bills but I make a good wicket when window cleaning so I dunno fear of the unknown I guess

I did it a bit like @Adams0211

Went into a driving job when the company i was windying for sold up

Decided i wanted to get back to doing it for myself so door knocked and cleaned either mornings or afternoons as i was on shift work

Then dropped a day now and then

Once i had 3 days a week solid work i walked from my job

just do it... jump into it and Work your butt off. you wont regret it, i did it 8 monts ago, was on the dole after being sick, skipped the dole stood with no Money, no income and no customers, just a ton of flyers. Worked hard and still do. now i can pay my bills every month and put some food on the table, its really a great felling that i have acheived it all by my own graft.

So jump into today rather than tommorow. (the right moment never appear)

Latest Posts

Back