Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cleaning Windows Without Landlords Permition But Tenants Permition

WCF

Help Support WCF:

WJCN64

I was just wondering if this is legal? Because so many poeple rent and want ther windows cleaned but say "its upto the landlord"?

no its not upto the landlord. 9/10 times its in the contract that they have to have windows cleaned at least once a year or just before moving out etc

but some landlords/managment companies like in block of flats etc can get it done without the tenants permition and the tenants have to pay a service charge

mate they pay the rent so there kinda having the property. i clean lots of homes that are rented and there landlord only repairs things, things like gardening and other stuff they gotta pay for. i rent from the council aswell and i pay servic e charges of 3 quid a week and i get nothing done. i clean the hall ways and the windows, maybe i should bill them

Housing association, council & even privately rented property stock it is down to the tenants to keep the outside & inside of the property looking clean & tidy. Unless they have a written agreement in the rental contract that states outside windows etc will be cleaned every so often then it's down to them when and if they want them cleaned. Simples

If you are worried about the legal aspect of not gaining the owners permision first then ask and get their permission. I would say also while doing so get them to sign a stratch glass waiver aswell at the same time to cover your own ****.

what landlord is going to object to the tenant getting the windows cleaned on his property and save him the money and hassle , personally i dont think youve anything to worry about

Housing association, council & even privately rented property stock it is down to the tenants to keep the outside & inside of the property looking clean & tidy. Unless they have a written agreement in the rental contract that states outside windows etc will be cleaned every so often then it's down to them when and if they want them cleaned. Simples.
Well said /emoticons/smile.png

Back