Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Smears

WCF

Help Support WCF:

muzza

Hi, ive been using microfibre cloths for detailing for a few years now and never had any problems with smears on the glass until now. I haven't been doieg anything different or using any different products so im at a bit of a loss as to what's causing this. Ive ordered a whole lot of new microfibre cloths but to be honest the ones I have aren't that old. This may sound stupid but would the difference in temperature from the outside of the glass (obviously very cold at this time of year) compared to the inside have anything to do with it? Any help would be greatly appreciated

I find its easier now to clean windows then in the summer. It seems to dry perfect in this weather & I hardly detail now. No sun to dry it. Even with a damp cloth it leaves a smear & disappears.

Can't understand why your getting smears.

I get caught out at times if the microfibre is too damp...

one thing I love at this time of year is the ability to do mass runs of windows in my henry ford mode as in ...soap soap soap then blade blade blade and then still have time to detail without rushing..

I find blading a mare this time of year. The water seems to creep back towards the inner part of the glass due to the damp in the air.

Hi, ive been using microfibre cloths for detailing for a few years now and never had any problems with smears on the glass until now. I haven't been doieg anything different or using any different products so im at a bit of a loss as to what's causing this. Ive ordered a whole lot of new microfibre cloths but to be honest the ones I have aren't that old. This may sound stupid but would the difference in temperature from the outside of the glass (obviously very cold at this time of year) compared to the inside have anything to do with it? Any help would be greatly appreciated
smears will be caused through not drying the glass properly, or the cloths not being clean enough. Detailing is not an ideal thing. perhaps you should look at that dog-earring your channels.

I love this weather

Have been doing the 2 handed stylee (1 hand soap and the other squeegee) whenever possible lately as am even quicker then and after go round with the microfibre if needed

Had some guy at a bus stop clapping me the other day doing a bay like that

you will of course end up on youtube soon daveyboy....:cool:

yep me do some funny stuff at times when I :specs see peeps watching me in the reflection....you got to entertain em...

I find changing my rubber works, or give it a wipe with your cloth.

But just as others have said, it's to do with the atmosphere, if you watch the smears (make sure no custie is watching you) you'll see them vanish right before your very eyes, MAGIC!

Ps. Does dog earring your Channel totally end the need for side detailing?

Back