Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New Customers Messing Around

WCF

Help Support WCF:

harvey69

Hi is it me ? Or do you also have new customers agreeing for a clean once a month and then when you call the day before the second clean they pretend not to know what you re talking about? It happened to me twice this week !!!! If you do have that kind of new customers . How often does it happen?? Cheers

Well it s only when I get some new customers I'm somehow not sure about that I send a text message saying I ll be cleaning the house next day. Before cleaning a house of a new customers

you need access to what kind of text do you send the day before?

But yes ! I did start charging extra for the initial clean as I ve realised a lot of people would come back on their words of having their house cleaned once a month to : I will call you back !!

My take on new custys is that you have to bed them in if you see what I mean. They don't know you, they are handing over their hard earned dosh etc. It's like a mobile phone contract but with a get out clause if and when it suits. They have to get to know and trust you. It takes time in a lot of cases.

Well it s only when I get some new customers I'm somehow not sure about that I send a text message saying I ll be cleaning the house next day. Before cleaning a house of a new customers you need access to what kind of text do you send the day before?
Text something like this. 'Window cleaner calling tomorrow, please leave gate unlocked. Many thanks Harvey.'

Basically, you are telling them you are cleaning and not asking if you can clean. A forth right attitude helps, but don't be bullish.

Agree with ^^ you are telling them you are going not asking permission. Ours is saved as a template and says

"Hi we are coming to clean your windows tomorrow, please leave your gate open if required"

after 2 years I cant be bothered to text or call 99% of them. I just turn up and start cleaning. i have about 4 that I call to check that they are home.

i text 2 custmers on my round to leave gate unlocked an cash in a hidden place in garden i just say im due to clean ur windows tomorrow please leve gate un locked the rest i just turn up an clean

I make it clear unless there is access problems that just turn up and clean the windows when I take the customer on, if they qulbble about this you know it is going to be iffy.

never text or phone, you have got to be as wide as them, as soon as your on there property start cleaning

by the time they get to the door the tops are done

the thing is they have agreed to get them done!!!

remember your helping them out, you could be cleaning else where

i did the tops on a house once an the lady came out an said o i wasent guna have them cleaned this time i said o rite ive done the tops all redy she said yea ill leve it this month so i said thats ok £7 please 4 just the tops as the hole house is £15 she payed reluctantly lol some people do try an take the xxxx

I've had a shocker today....

New facebook customers, one has gone 12 weekly after being 6 weekly, and I had to talk her into that!

I had one cancel ( only had one clean ) because her baby is due and she may not be about!

BUT the big one for me is one of my only commercial customers... £45 monthly, I got so tired of chasing payment, and being fobbed off I canceled her today.

Add to that...people not paying up for bigger jobs, gutters, pressure washing etc its been a low point today.

On the bright side I've got the main man Dodger beavering away on a new website, I hope it brings in hassle free customers!

had gd one the day,

my fault done wrong house just finished front it was really bad too

customer came out next door!! you know when you feel really xxxx off

i tho to myself going to chance this house for payment shy boys get nowt

guy appears no way was he having it lol sickener

Back