Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Canvassing Made Easy

Whizz-Bizz

Ive been a professional door knocker / canvasser for 15 years and Im always looking for ways to make my job easier. Has anyone got any great tips ?

Ive been a professional door knocker / canvasser for 15 years and Im always looking for ways to make my job easier. Has anyone got any great tips ?
Work for me for free and I'll give you tips.

I was hoping to gain wisdom from all the great minds at this forum, alas I feel they maybe all out at lunch lol. But seriously theres got to be an easier way than proactively gaining clients, knocking doors and telesales is so old hat now.

I don't think you will beat knocking doors whizz, it's the only way you can keep your work compact ad you get an answer there and then, you don't build up suspense dropping leaflets and waiting for that phone call.

Some people seem to hit commercial work with emails? Think Catherine would be able to give you some tips on that..

I actually spoke to Catherine this morning about helping each other out funny enough, knocking doors is the best way you get to see the house , meet the people etc.

Ive been toying with getting a market stall in a busy shopping centre, done it before for other products, went really well. What do you guys think ?

I wouldnt say that a stall in a shopping area would be efficient enough as people are shopping the last thing they need is to be asked if they want a window cleaner IMO .

Also when i go shopping i dont necessarily go shopping in my imediate area that i live .

But give it a shot though .

You have to pick your spot well, good banners flyers etc, I think generally if you have a sweetner like a balloon for the kids or something like that it does help, Im very lucky as my area is huge. I know from experience once a few people approach the table it creates a buzz and more people come and investigate.

I think picking the spot is key no point going somewhere if everyone has to drive there because it will become a more scattered and not condensed at all

It sounds good, but really you will be picking up jobs here there and everywhere.. For you that might be ok if you have several cleaners across that area you can divide into their areas?

The real stinger I think is the insurance you have to have at some places, you need to be a member of the national market traders federation think thats about £80 but its valid for a year.

Stalls arent mega expensive I picked a good spot a few years back for £25 a day

I really think if I was on a decent stall Id pick up 60-70 customers, there would be one offs, timewasters etc probably left with 35-40 quality people.

The thing is with me is I hate speculating to accumulate and this is a real grey area.

Latest Posts

Back