Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Are any of you using a swivel goose neck? -- verdict?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I have them on both my main poles, don't know how I managed without them to be honest. Main benefit for me is when reaching sideways over a conny roof to an upstairs window, a bit of pressure on the pole to adjust the angle - gets into the corners perfectly. Getting the screw/swivel tension is a bit of a learning curve but I practised on my Windows first so got it nearly perfect. I also find them helpful on FSG jobs although they can be a bit of a hindrance on occasion when you need to scrub and can't get the brush at 90 degrees. For the price they are a bargain

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

With the right brush they are brilliant for all the reasons AGA says. I have them on both my poles.

I have the tension set a bit firmer on my long pole otherwise the brush can tend to flop about a bit too much at height. The only brush I really cant get on with on the swivel is the sill brush. Others don't have a problem with em though so it's probably just me /emoticons/biggrin.png:D

I use the Q-Loq one from Gardiner for ease of swapping brushes.

I can use them with any brush but that's because I'm brilliant, when using one for Fascias tigten the screw or the brush seizes up and you can't swivel it back.

If you rest the brush at the bottom of the sill and twist the pole the brush will lie flat on the sill and just wipe the sill. Found this out by accident the other day do it every time now

It's also important that your pole clamps work well and the sections are not allowed to twist as the twisting motion is what controls the angle of the brush.

Back