Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hard Or Soft

WCF

Help Support WCF:

They all are made from the same stuff, just with different company names on the rubber.

Only real difference is between hard and soft, but no difference between unger and pulex of the same kind(soft)

so pulex and unger and sorbo and wagtail and every other brand of rubber are all made in the same factory out of the same rubber with no difference other than the name on it? i think not, what are you basing this on, just something you heard?

i appreciate the effort you put into these little tests of yours, but the answer is unger soft is the best rubber for you, and the way you work, its not gonna be whats best for everyone
That's what I meant! And why I put "For me" so many times in my post.. be honest, you only read the TLDR (too long, didn't read) version, didn't you... /emoticons/tongue.png

And they can't be made in the same factory.. Huge difference between unger and ettore 'soft' rubbers...

I saw a training video and the guy in the video said he likes Unger rubber the best because it's faster. I tried it and it did feel faster.

My understanding is that Unger, Ettore and Pulex all come from the same factory. Wagtail is from Australia and Sorbo/SPC from America.

from the ettore website...

'Often imitated, never duplicated, Ettore Steccone’s original

design has remained virtually unchanged since its

inception in 1936. His secret was, and is, in the rubber.

With the same secrecy and security afforded soft drink

formulas, the ingredients formulation of Ettore

rubber is carefully guarded. For this is the

essential heart of the system, a razor sharp square edge,

supple, smooth, consistent which leaves glass

perfectly clean and streak free.'

...unger

'Unger is an international company and has been manufacturing professional cleaning tools for more than 40 years. It has offices and manufacturing facilities in the United States and Germany, and sales offices in the United Kingdom, and India. Unger now provides innovative cleaning solutions to more than 80 countries worldwide.'

i guess that means pulex make there own aswell so not sure where you heard that

even if they were made in the same factory i dont see how that means they are made from the same rubber compounds or that they are made in the same way, i can tell you now with a pulex rubber in one hand and an unger in the other, there is clear differences

Yeah, ones got Unger written on it and the others got Pulex! /emoticons/tongue.png Seriously though it is some time since I made that comparison myself and the memory is not always so reliable as we get older so I am happy to accept your more recent practical experience.

In recent weeks I've had pulex, unger soft and unger 3* in my hands and every one is different. Pulex if you stand them on a table top (blade down) is taller by at least 1mm than Unger or at least the length of Pulex I had is. Could still be made in same factory but I thought I'd throw my two penneth in.

I posted on Unger's facebook wall and this is their response..

Unger UK Hi, Neil! Our Squeegee Rubbers are made in Germany exclusively for Unger, our manufacturer does not make rubbers for any other supplier of window cleaning products.

yur better using unger's soft all year round..they make a hard for when the temp gets hot in germany and the blade doesn't stick wth it drying to quickly......

Thanks for clearing that up!

I only mentioned it as I remember someone on here mentioned it, then realised it was from Martyn

If thats true then, that is good to know!

yur better using unger's soft all year round..they make a hard for when the temp gets hot in germany and the blade doesn't stick wth it drying to quickly......
Unger soft is defo my personal fave and i've tried 'em all, pretty much! /emoticons/smile.png

I used Unger soft today. Have used it before and hated it. After reading this thread I thought I'd give it another blast. Guess what, I love it!

Back