Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Third Floor Juliet Balconies

WCF

Help Support WCF:

SPECI4L

I've got a few first floor Juliet balconies... a bit of a pita but can get them done.

I've noticed an apartment block going up close to where I work & as the title suggests it has Juliet balconies up to the third floor!

I can't imagine these being possible with wfp, unless I'm missing a trick.

Anybody had any experience of these?

We had 2 apartment blocks with those balconies @SPECI4L . (Ground floor, 1st and 2nd floor.)

View attachment 8420

The 2nd floor was much harder to clean, so I can imagine the 3rd floor near enough impossible. (There were 16 of these balconies which was my job. My son did all the other windows including the stairways in the time it took me the clean these. What made it more difficult was parked cars which effected 10 of the balconies as they overlooked the street. I also used an Unger Teleplus ali pole as the rough metal bars were damaging my carbon fibre pole.)

I once spoke to a guy cleaning a block of flats with Juliet balconies with a 57' Facelift c/b pole a good 10 years ago. His contract with the management company was that he just cleaned the top section of the french doors he could reach and it was the responsibility of the owners/tenants to open their doors and clean the bottom section he couldn't.

View attachment 8419

I don't know what he did with the windows on the lower walk-out balcony on the first floor - I never asked him.

I only ever saw him clean those windows twice - haven't seen anyone cleaning them for years since then.

-

Last edited by a moderator:
Just turn the brush 90 degrees on the quick lock head on the gardiners pole. Presuming you use gardiners

@adamangler :fubar: thats my new dislike touch lol
dont be a lazy ****

just take ur time with them turn the head round near vertical its hard but do able
The Quiklok system wasn't around when we did those JB's. It would have made the job much quicker.

Back