Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How To Do A Full Survey On A Commercial Building

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Window Cleaner

any help would be appreciated, i have a appointment for tomorrow with a potential client and they would like me to do a full survey of there premises, iv done demonstrations etc before but never a full survey, im assuming by full survey there asking for to take a look at the property aand later provide them with method statements and risk assessments. has any one on here done full surveys before is there any do's and donts etc or anything else that im missing. thanks in advance

yer a few times, it all depends on the place that you are looking at to know what to look for. each one is different.

looking out for public, employees, cars, vans trucks, bike, wheelchair access, walkways, obstructions, cables, pillars, parked cars etc, signs, lights,

that's just the start of it, the list can go on for a lot longer. without seeing the property you cant point them out.

cheers rc, so in a nutshell then a full survey is just taking a look at the building to identify any potential hazards and to advise suitable methods etc and for later use on a risk assessments and method statement? when you do yours do you just take notes of the potential hazards whilst your on site to use later for your risk assessments? he asked for written quotation aswel what would you advise for that print out a template to take with or just take notes etc and then later email over the written quotation along with risk asess and method statement. im probably asking obvious questions i just dont fancy turning up and making a fool of meself, the job i can do no problem its just this survey that im worrying about

I turn up on site, note pad to jot anything down, use my camera on phone if needed just to refer back to some pics a home,

walk round and look about to see what possible problems etc.

mental not of any questions to ask the guy while your there, access times, any restrictions, any times not to come, etc

then I type a quote out with a rough outline on it, price etc.

then at the bottom I put risk assessment and method statement give upon request,

this allows me to get the quote into them asap and then gives me a little more time to work on that document to get it ready for them.

Back