Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Buying a Telescopic ladder

Max

Ok so I'm getting my starter kit sorted out but I got a problem with buying the ladder, although I intend to trad bottoms only I still need a decent ladder in case customers prefers trad all round. I live in a terraced house so access is through property but due to this being a converted house I have 3 right angles to get to the front door, I have measured and there's no way a normal 3 section ladder will work around those angles. With no front garden I either keep ladder in or on the van (not desirable as it's parked on side street) or buy a telescopic ladder. I've seen on ladders4sale.co.uk a Werner promaster combination ladder that is available up to 7.01 metre (23ft). How safe are these things? I'm ready to buy but thought I'd get feed back first. Many thanks.

Trouble is they are heavy in weight. You'd do better to buy a 2m triple which will give you 4. 7m enough to reach most windows. And you'll get this through your doors and in your van. A few Windows use them on the WCF. The ABRU 4.7 is on offer at home base at the mo for £90 and weigh loads less...

As above, the telescopics are very heavy, you could always invest in a decent locking system for the van or get sectional lasts that will reach the top windows but can fit in a van.

Or get one of the anchors that they use for locking up motorbikes and quads and chain the ladder up to that at night in front garden, not the best but will deter any little shite looking for a quick snatch and grab

Sorted, thanks guys.. I'm off to homebase in the morning to get the 2 metre triple ABRU 4.7.
I've worked withABRUs for 5 year's now... Good ladder. Compact and light... Might be worth getting yourself a stand-off too at some point...

I use rhino clamps and a 7 rung triple

The clamps lock well so ladders stay on my roof a lot

Small enough to stand upright in the house also so easy to go through the house

I don't know if it's abru..got it from wickes over 8 years ago

Has the stabiliser bar on the bottom like bps ladders

Doesn't get used more than a couple times a week nowadays but i did use ot for 2 years solid before i used big ladders

Indestructible

I keep my 12 triple on the van clamped and locked, now it's used most days it would be a hassle taking it off and back on even more

Latest Posts

Back