Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Help with pricing

WCF

Help Support WCF:

A

Alec

IMG_3200.JPG How much would you all quote to softwash this entire house. Roof is covered in moss & brickwork has gone green.. thanksIMG_3201.JPG

This is not a simple 'softwash' job @Alec

Those pantiles covered in moss are PITA.

Only good result is a still brushing to remove the moss first, light power washing to get the surface nice and clean and then a coating of bio for longevity.

Working as one man that's 2 days work to do it all pucka.

Start to finish around £1200 - £1400 and you will come out with a grand profit easily.

20170328_144925.jpg

Before you think you cant get that sort of monety for it this 3 sided roof on a semi took me 6 hours today and made me just over £800.

It is specialized work and you need to charge accordigly to allow sufficient time to do it well.

20170328_084745.jpg

20170328_170344.jpg

20170328_102651.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This is not a simple 'softwash' job @Alec
Those pantiles covered in moss are PITA.

Only good result is a still brushing to remove the moss first, light power washing to get the surface nice and clean and then a coating of bio for longevity.

Working as one man that's 2 days work to do it all pucka.

Start to finish around £1200 - £1400 and you will come out with a grand profit easily.
Thanks for getting back mucka, my misses said £1,500 lol. Would you not softwash the roof then?

Well I gathered I'll be scrapping all the moss off, so you say hypo is not the way forward on this type of roof & it should be pressure washed then sprayed with a biocide? It will be my first roof & wall job. Done loads of drives & patios. Kinda knew this day would come lol & I don't want to run from it as it's all part of learning. Appreciate your time matey..

Hypo will just make all the moss (even after scraping there will be a shed load still there) turn a mushy beige color and make that roof look like toss.

Scrape to get to 90% then GENTLE PW to got to 100% the coating of BIO is simply to give a nice long bit of protection to stop the moss and crud coming back in a hury.

Back