Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Grey magic sponges

TWC

After waiting 3 weeks my sponges that I'm desperate for have arrived but their grey???

Is there any difference between them and the white ones?

After waiting 3 weeks my sponges that I'm desperate for have arrived but their grey???
Is there any difference between them and the white ones?
They could be the light blue ones I once bought. They were :turd:

They could be the light blue ones I once bought. They were :turd:
I've heard before that the only ones you should get are the white ones, I've still never pulled my finger out and bought any though, not the bulk ones from China anyway.

Why desperate? Is there no Tescos or Asda near you that sells them?
We got some flash ones last week, they're bloody brilliant and don't fall apart anywhere near as quick as the cheapo ones.

We got some flash ones last week, they're bloody brilliant and don't fall apart anywhere near as quick as the cheapo ones.
Yeah, but the ones sent from China cost in the region of 5p each. Maybe you'll use 6/7 on one job? 200 for a tenner delivered to your door is a bargain.

Yeah, but the ones sent from China cost in the region of 5p each. Maybe you'll use 6/7 on one job? 200 for a tenner delivered to your door is a bargain.
Oh yeah agree entirely, but if I run out like we did just grab some from the supermarket.

I try and keep stocked up on the cheap ones as tend to go through the flash ones a bit quick. Ordered these when I had about 20 left and now down to the last couple. Got two first cleans tomorrow so will have to see how the grey ones go

Really impressed with the grey ones. Seem to hold together a bit longer than the white ones and clean just as well. Think I'm converted

Really impressed with the grey ones. Seem to hold together a bit longer than the white ones and clean just as well. Think I'm converted
Have you got a link for the ones you bought mate.

I showed a magic sponge to a local bucket bob the other day... He said what the F is that, told him and he nearly fell off his wooden A-frame ladder, reckoned you don't need to bother cleaning plastics.

Oh how times have changed for the better! I love using them on firsts, makes each visit after that a breeze and a joy to maintain.

Been meaning to pick up some of these for ages...I am now resolved to pick some up this weekend...got a first clean for a total milf I'm getting good vibes from on Tuesday...she's going to have shockingly clean windows.

Been meaning to pick up some of these for ages...I am now resolved to pick some up this weekend...got a first clean for a total milf I'm getting good vibes from on Tuesday...she's going to have shockingly clean windows.
Keep us updated :thumbsup:

Back