Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Sore Hands ?! Any Remedies ? Do You Use Gloves ?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Slap loads of e45 cream at night your hands will be like new by morning! Repeat each night just don't try and have a drink in the night as its hard to explain why you dropped the glass all over the bed to your misses while she's half asleep and not with it lol

Just going back to the gloves, tried loads of types cleaner gloves fishing so on and so on, waste of money!!

Posh's idea sounds about the best, jewsons do a box of power free gloves 500 for £6

My hands go bad in the winter like sand paper but when its summer, weather like today, my hands dry quick. Hands are like baby skin!

Anyone explain this lol.

Dunno what to suggest other then use e45 moisteriser(more runnier then cream) next day hands are back to normal.

To sort my feet out I used to sleep in socks loaded with Vaseline. Fixed my feet after two weeks.

I'd be tempted todo the same with my hands.

The pure water is terrible to our skin, a good barrier cream, moisturiser etc should be fine. If you struggling with bad skin nitrile gloves will help a lot and are pretty cheap too. I have a box always in the van for dirty guttering as I am not sure what is in there these days.

Protect hands when reeling in hoses too as this will help save your skin. I use a cloth as it helps to clean debris off the hose too.

I know it's all simple but every little helps to protect your hands.

thanks for your advice ! I didn't realise that such small things like reeling the hose, moving dirty cloths with bare hand etc will affect the skin - but certainly does , especially I use quite a lot of g101 to spray the sills for new customers , to get rid of dirt easier .

Ive got a box of disposable gloves however after wearing them for a while the hand gets wet cos of sweat or cos of a hole etc .

I 'll get some cream and will try to avoid dirt / g101 etc : )

i was told that i was putting to much cleaning solution in my water,thats why mine used to be bad,and its seems to have worked

Back