Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Renault Kangoo v Astra Estate

harunh

I was going to get an Astra estate... but i now want a Kangoo instead... its more bigger... and i got a pure freedom trolley..... if i ever want to go to a van mount all i will need is a 350ltr tank... then i will be well off... also its gota better payload which will help me much more... because if my business picks up... i will end up needing a bigger van anyway

what do you all think of this

Van insurance is going to clatter you big time even more so that you are a new driver trust me !!!!!! Just get some quotes even though you may need one in the future you dont need one now .

You mean Astra estate car? I have a Astra van which is great for getting everything In (2 backpacks, ladder stand, steps, poles, xtra water & trad stuff but not very tall. Forever bumping my head & the best point made was the insurance. It a crucify you on a kangoo

Brilliant. The astra estate type van isn't really suitable for running a pole system out of. Kangoo more height to it = easier access for you to the kit.

astra estate van i meant

and ive got my insurance sorted for any vehicle /emoticons/tongue.png .... my insurance price for a van is the same as a vauxhall corsa van which si pretty strange ! lol

Kangoo is bigger and better and the payload will help me in the long term run /emoticons/smile.png

Well Harunh, i hate to say "i told you so", but i did say the astra wasnt the most practical choice, when you 1st started mentioning it as your preferred van choice!.

Belfast, no way would an astra have as much space as a kangoo, why would you think that?. The astra's load bay might be a bit longer, but it has nowhere near the interior height, so the volume is way less. On paper, the kangoo's load bay has getting on for twice the volume of the astra. But with regards to payload, the lower weight kangoo actually has slightly less payload than the astra, 600kg versus 640kg, so i'm assuming you are looking at the bigger 800kg payload version.

I can see the appeal of the astra van, it looks good, and apparently drives well, but while its payload might be on a par with lower weight versions of more 'upright' vans, the practicality just isnt there. No side doors, plus, as Posh already mentioned, because of the lack of interior height, you will constantly be banging your head every time you reach in to get something!.

I'm struggling to see how these vans have all got the same price for insurance????? All totally different vans and they are different insurance groups aswell, seriously mate check before you buy or you might get a massive shock there is no way they will be price the same

Yes I was just going by the length or the Astra, maybe be about 10 inches lower but would be a good 10 inches longer? But I have a cOmbo, and was wanting a 350 tank. It will leave me with very little space when everything else is in.. So I will be up grading to a transit hopefully end of the summer.. The new berlingos and partners look good wee vans

busdriver they are the same price.... but just a hudnred pound difference which doesnt really make a difference.... it works out like 7 pound cheaper a month... its crazyyy ! lool

Back