Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hourly rate

WCF

Help Support WCF:

just wondered as i noticed some threads saying the same price for say 6 years, in the building game the money hasn't changed since 2000, so seeing as an industry if window cleaning was also stagnating.

Hourly rates fluctuate wildly for me when adding in driving time. Sometimes it turns out to be £12, sometimes close to £100. It's how the game is for me, on average it's very profitable and I'm not hungry or cold.

If every quote you give is accepted, you're probably cheaper than you need be. If you want to achieve your best hourly rate then balance accepted quotes against rejected ones. Set your own parameter: 4 accepted for 1 reject or whatever.

When you consider your hourly rate, take into account the hours your spend doing admin work and getting the van ready etc.

If you were employed, you'd expect paying for all those jobs, it's no different here.

If you aim for £30 an hour, and then add the hours spent outside of cleaning windows, you soon find yourself at £20 p/h.

So that's why aim for more than you think you need. Aim for £1 a minute or more (on the glass), that should see you right for a while.

Back