Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Red Mist!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

the reason it is booming, is because of wc, who talk about earning £300 a day for doing nothing,
think about it this way, you clean someones window, and charge then £10 and takes 10 min, they then think you must be on £60 a hour, as it took 10 mins to do mine, that's 6 an hour, 8 hours a day that's £2400 a week wages, and I bet its all cash in hand

I only need £400 a week to live, I bet I can get that easy, so starts his own wc business and undercuts,

plus look how many wc have new vans, gone are the days of **** cars and vans, we look like we earn money and people want some

when some one asked me if the job is worth doing I say this

I worked it out once it costs me £3.23 to do each job and I charge you £6, so am making £2.77 per house, do about 4 an hours, so am making (2.77 x 4) £11.08 an hour, take off tax and your talking about 7.20 after tax, which sounds ok, but then I do a few hours every night I don't get paid for, when weather ****, I don't work so don't earn, I only do this job as I have child care problems, so need to take time off when ever I can, but I don't work, I don't earn, if I could get a job that would pay me what I earn now, and be able to afford child care I would jack it in
the thing with window cleaning people can be out earning for less than £150 outlay and be earning it back the same day, and not have to spend anything after that except a bottle of fairy every couple of weeks, before anyone says I know its not the best way and legit way but that's not how people think when they need to earn cash quickly. and like you said people bragging they can earn £300 a day soon gets people thinking if they can just get a fraction of that they'll be happy especially someone whos never run a business before and only ever worked for minimum wage the idea of going out and cleaning 4 houses an hour at £8 a time is tempting so they give it a go realise its hard to get work, so they think well at £4 a house I can still earn £16 an hour twice as much as what they've ever been paid before and then start undercutting there gonna get work I don't care what anyone says if you can get the same service/ item for half the price youre going to give it a try, fair enough the quality of work is sometimes **** but not always, people will take the risk to save a few quid.

ok if you can get me 10 ill be happy. ill let you knock the area i did and if they ask im your manager lol :lol:
Probably knock on the Friday and Saturday. I would hope to get around 20/30 customers, couple of fascia cleans (if you want them) and some other cleaning work (gutters) etc.

i said is there anything else you need doing. she said nahhh just do my windows. hence my business name just do my windows ( JDMW ) :lol:
Lol I like that JDMW, very good!

Keep at it though fella! Just think, if we get through this $h1tty weather soon then business should pick up for ya. Hit the canvassing hard March/April I'd say.

@ JDMW how new are you to this game? I'm thinking that you're on someone's 'patch' and they obs see you as a threat to their established business.

You could always round up a WCF posse to see them off....

You can buy me a takeaway and some beers!!!
Will have to sort it out mate.
I like that that's how I work with mates don't charge cash just get the beers in /emoticons/smile.png

ive been doing this area since jan 2010, i started when the winter was winter, this winters been pretty lame compared to the 2010 winter lol. i think as soon as spring comes the fine weather peep come out. im not on no ones patch coz that word patch is what window cleaners who feel threatened say. when i started i got that from a local cleaner, he said dont get stealing my customers on my patch. i said i dont do silly little villages, i go to towns where the big money is. dont think he liked it. bit hard when i see him most days tradding it and theres me fastest window cleaner in the west in a subaru lmao :lol:

if i hadnt of got rid of the time wasters and the non payers id be easily bringing in 1500 a month but i rather have stress free work. this is a reason being ya own boss isnt it?

20/30 customers damo. i get that a year lmfao :lol: :lol:

This sounds serious stuff mate.I've had this sort if thing happen to me.

Nothing wrong with trying to get a bit of work but this is out of order.

You may have to start performing mate as it's not on.especially ringing up your home and that.won't mention what I done but they didn't do it again.good luck mate

im not mad that they knocked doors coz anyone is free to canvas but to watch me and wait till im round there back to knock and get a sucker punch in and then to bad mouth wfp cleaning saying it scratches sills glass and pulls the rubbers away from the windows. WTF are they chatting about. i think there desperate or something. in this one town i always get ****. never any where else for some strange reason. i blocked there number now with a bt option i paid for. i dont know there number but it said last number blocked. pretty clever idea tho i gotta admitt. send his fat mate round banging doors while hes up the ladder cleaning then move to the next house. they never had anything good with them tho. there ladders looks well old and rusty so couldnt of been ally ladders. there car was almost in pieces. but id deff recognize them if i saw them again.

this battle aint over and i will win lol. might print some leaflets off saying be on the look out for doleys claiming to be window cleaners, always use a company in google registered as a business PLUG PLUG lol :lol:

I have replied to your PM bud. But the info in it is for your eyes only lol.

As I am looking todo a video on door knocking you see lol. ( for free and not making a penny)

jdmw ignore these types of people their not business minded /emoticons/smile.png

u can get some flyers with a headline saying : IS YOUR WINDOW CLEANERS FULLY INSURED ? etc .... then put something like this can be very regretful make sure you use a window cleaner who is and pays tax etc .. lol then follow him around 1 day and find out his houses and put a flyer thru all his doors /emoticons/wink.png lol

im a firm believer in karma lol there time will come. i dont want a bad name for my business really. but if push comes to shove then be it lol :lol:

Easy to say but don't give in, Focus on what's important you and your kid, Sod them and go and prove that you can get some extra clients and run a successful business.

Don't sell yourself short, you work hard and deserve a good life!!

how odl r u jdmw ?
i like your business name /emoticons/smile.png

very cool lol
34 in may, feel like 84 at the min now i woken with a cold and aching bones /emoticons/sad.png thats stress for ya lol. :lol:

dunno whats happening to me lately. not like me to lose my temper or the plot for that matter. but when i get another windy who trads like a cowboy and cant afford a few hundred quid to upgrade and get with the times i get slightly peeeed orf. i saw this guy watching me work from the reflection in the glass and he was writing down on a notepad. i thought nothing of it and went round the back to clean the windows. when i finished i had my customer say another window cleaner just knocked and asked what i charged and he was willing to go in lower and do them less frequently. he told her wfp breaks the rubbers on the glass and scratches the sills etc. talk about gutless wonder. trying to steal my work. i thought nothing of it as she told him no. move to the next house over the road and go round the back and guess what, this bloke was only hiding round the corner and waiting till i went round the back of houses to clean to knock there doors and try to steal my work, this time i caught him. i shouldnt of said it but i bascally said whats your game pal?? trying to steal my customers. this lot did it before to me. he started giving it all mouth and told me he can knock what ever door he wants. this is the street i knocked last week and not one person wanted me to clean there windows but this punk dressed like some tramp on the dole, holes in his trainers and his mate cleaning the windows while he knocks. i told him toback off my customers there happy. he said bet they wouldnt be happy if they sore missed windows and dirt on there sills would they. ( had me thinking, is this punk gunna sabotage my work after ive been to gain me customers ) i basically threatened him and said if he does it again ill bust his hands so he cant knock. gets home theres 12 missed calls from unknown number saying i do Sh** work and watch my back. i know who they are and when i see them im gunna batter them!!

I’ve not read all of the replies, so what I suggest may have already been posted

You can do something if they are stalking you, this might be your best option as it’s a criminal matter, minimal cost to you. Also if they are talking to your customers about you, with false statements, you can probably have them for defamation, but you will need a huge bank balance for that as it is a civil law, police won’t touch it.

It might be worth the cost of solicitor’s letter though, I would also use the police just for the phone call

Richard

Back