Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

lost 1 custy with price rise

WCF

Help Support WCF:

johnny bravo

first price increase for years,

charging 1 chap £7 monthly put it upto £8, more glass than the £7 houses. Emailed me to say dont clean anymore, i told him what my competitors charge letting him know what a good pried servie he was getting from us.

The only one in that round of 70 customers to cancel. None of us like to loose customers

I told him he was the only one out of 70 to cancel because of £1 increase. I hope he asks me again when he gets higher quotes

**** haha

Years ago I worked for a guy who had over 1000 customers on a big domestic

Round he put everybody's price up by 50p and the only one who cancelled was

An old guy in a bungalow.

He told my boss it was a liberty to put it up and how dare we as it was only window cleaning and unskilled work .

The first price increase for nearly 6 years .

Had loads of other jobs in his road and use to see him struggling to clean them himself.

The work was well underpriced to start with .

I'm convinced some people's think they are doing you a favour by letting you clean .

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

yes, some smaller ones went up 50p bigger ones a pound. your right, going to a ar wash and handing over 4-6 £,

5-10 mins work.

i got a £20 2 monthly shop clean today, it evens itself out if you look 4 the work.

so no loss in proffits

first price increase for years,charging 1 chap £7 monthly put it upto £8, more glass than the £7 houses. Emailed me to say dont clean anymore, i told him what my competitors charge letting him know what a good pried servie he was getting from us.

The only one in that round of 70 customers to cancel. None of us like to loose customers

I told him he was the only one out of 70 to cancel because of £1 increase. I hope he asks me again when he gets higher quotes

**** haha
Done the right think if you don't increase as costs you will be a busy fool working long hours for nothing.

i emailed him back letting him know he wont get a better sevice at my price, mentioning financial problems he could go 2 monthly @ a different price, got an email

Thank you for your email.

Just want to say that I wasn't cancelling because of the price increase, I had been meaning to for a while as was planning on just doing it myself.

However, after your email I have had a think and your email makes sense. It's a great service for a competitive price so I'll you'll still have us, I'd like to continue the service.

I'll setup a standing order ready for the next time you're round.

Many thanks

Liam

im too bludy good at this job. ive worked too hard to get them,, i hate loosing customers in case they get some one else. unless i sack them haha,

Councils have to build more homes, too much for me, im a One man band. i think i always will be, in controll of my own destiny

im too bludy good at this job. ive worked too hard to get them,, i hate loosing customers in case they get some one else. unless i sack them haha,

Councils have to build more homes, too much for me, im a One man band. i think i always will be, in controll of my own destiny

had a call on Mon, wanting a quote for a 3 bed house, front, side, rear, Asian answered Hubby, no daft prices now,

£10 on my route home,

ill let the Mrs know, shes at work. he says,

No reply yet.

If she phones up im too busy, ill say ive just took 5 jobs on, havent got time. I know thed try to get price down. Had enough of that now.

Window Cleaning is now a very Profitable bussiness now if you run it right. Now is the time.

Going to get some Flyers to promote GoCardless. Be more in controll

I have only increased prices on a few jobs so far some people are penny pinching after xmas .I will wait till the end of March maybe as peoples mindset and outlook changes why ?

Easter isn't far away with a long weekend off then after that their Summer holiday which they booked last year better weather they are feeling a lot better about life in general and you beat the budget before the Goverment whacks their prices up .

good thinking IG, im putting them up in small amounts, Some ive put up a £1 but i offer them a discount to sign up to GC, they think they are getting a better deal, But im quite happy with this as most forget to sign up, I was only goin to put them up 50p anyway. If they are happy with a £1 rise thats good for me. Every time im collecting im canvasing as well, new build areas.

good thinking IG, im putting them up in small amounts, Some ive put up a £1 but i offer them a discount to sign up to GC, they think they are getting a better deal, But im quite happy with this as most forget to sign up, I was only goin to put them up 50p anyway. If they are happy with a £1 rise thats good for me. Every time im collecting im canvasing as well, new build areas.

50p ain't worth it I stick a £1 on mine without batting a eyelid and don't offer discounts, For the last 10 months or so I have been offering a £15.00 gift card in a monthly draw still didn't boost up take and its very very very rare I even get a thank you from the chosen winner needless to say its getting binned off on the new payment cards .

Back