Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

WFP gardiner backpack 22ltre how long will it last?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

tony1

Hi all

I was looking into WFP as a beginner setup. I dont have alot of outlay cost and am using my car on the job. I wouldnt want a tank setup built inside my daily car either.

I have a local pure water seller around 15min drive from me. current price is £5 100 litres £24 500 litres £40 1000 litres

I was looking at the gardiner back pack and a pole and purchasing the water. I live in a very hard water area also.

I was wondering as the gardiner holds 22 litres how long would that last? would it do a semi detached house or even a detached? or how many if it does more thanks all.

Are you planning on carrying barrels of water in your car. ?

I would say on first clean semi you could easily get through 3 backpacks full.

Maintenance cleans maybe 1/2 to 3/4.

Depends on the flow rate setting, how much your rinsing etc

I don't know Chris I don't have a tds meter.

I am only just starting up and was planning on going trad but we have a lot of lead windows around here so I was thinking it would be a lot easier to use a backpack for just the uppers.

@tony1 reason I asked is it would be far cheaper to get a small di vessel and make your own. Even asking a few customers if you can use their out door tap to fill up the cannisters.

Keep the di vessel with you with a hose pipe attachment. Top up as you need.

That 5 quid on pure would last you ten times as long,if you can make your own water.

Daqua sell tds meters for 15 odd quid..don't get a cheap ebay one,often not calibrated. Daqua also sell resin. Check ebay for a small di vessel if your ppm is 100 or less.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been poling tops and tradding bottoms of the 14 houses I only use WFP for, a 22l backpack does me 3, 4 bed detached houses tops only, I then trad the bottoms. Houses are all in same street so do all of the tips first then go back to start and finish off bottoms meaning no drips from sills. May be an option for you if your not wanting to take a lot of water out with you. The unger Di vessel is a great bit of kit, but my tap water is sitting at 22ppm before I even put it through the vessel. I bought the lite boy kit from window cleaning warehouse for £400 have a look. Get yourself a collapsible trolley for a barrel and the backpack though as it weighs a bloody ton, couple of ratchet straps and your good to go.

LiteBOY Backpack STARTER KIT

It's hard to say how many houses etc, but I started with the Gardiner back packs & 25L containers. Generally I aimed for £10.00 worth of windows out of a back pack.

Now I would do £15.00 easily as when you start off everyone is slow & over scrubs etc.

£5.00 for 100L sounds a lot btw. After a few months when you get quicker you'll be looking to do £150/£160 and you'll use 200L easy, then that's £10 a day! I bought my water from another window cleaner when I started, I would pay £5.00 for 7 containers & 2 back packs worth (220litres worth). We live in a hard water area too. D.I vessel may be worth it overall. Even if it breaks even cost wise, saves you a 15min drive

I am only just starting up and was planning on going trad but we have a lot of lead windows around here so I was thinking it would be a lot easier to use a backpack for just the uppers.
I aaàÄas4A24 AwAY

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I aaàÄas4A24 AwAY

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I can do approx two semi maintenance cleans with gardiner's backpack, remember the first time I used mine I run out of water half way through on my own house being over cautious can now do my house twice with the backpack, after a short time you will get used to how much water is required.

I did 3 small modern 3 bed semi houses so earned me £21.00 non of them were first cleans though on regular cleans I am thorough typically I don't use my backpack as I have truck mount 400ltr tank so just using for a few jobs. 

Buy a Gardiners pole and brush and you can easily swap out their pencil jets for some clarkes 1mm welding tips which have a a id of 0.8mm which will give a more powerful rinse at a lower flow rate thus saving water I have used them for over 8 years now.

Back