Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Deosan Red Label Hypochlorite dilution for paving slabs

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hi k in Kent it was all done on my own grounds as a test it was further rinsed today and there is no more scent lying around

Hi k in Kent I'm new to this so I have started around my own home first as to see if it can be implemented safely. Pleased to say after a further rinse today the smell has all but gone. Going forward I will be going for a 6 to one ratio
Fair enough mate, but I thought you were trialing methods for future use at customers homes? And btw, it was never intended as a criticism. We've all had to learn from experience with hypo and I was just trying to point out some things to consider and reasons for rinsing. One occasion I was using hypo and had a split in my waterproof gloves and had diluted hypo trapped against my skin. I had some very nasty burns by the end of the day so you really don't want animals or kids anywhere near it - in my opinion anyway.
As for ratio, you'll need to adjust it according to the severity of algae / lichen colonisation and there's no one size fits all. 1 to 6 concentration will be fine sometimes and then too weak another time - for immediate results anyway.
And R.E. the smell there is always scent you can consider using but factor it into the quote cos it's not cheap. . . or even take the 'approved product' route but that's another matter and has been covered in depth and many times

I never get any complaints about the smell and I never try and mask it.
I've had loads. Maybe not complaints as such but comments and questions about what I'm using from neighbours and is it safe for their cat to walk on or their kids breathing in fumes or washing it into drains etc. I've even had them ask to see the product packaging and had people threatening to call the council. I tell them to fill their boots.
It's always in posh areas full of snobs and I very rarely use scent masker either

I've had loads. Maybe not complaints as such but comments and questions about what I'm using from neighbours and is it safe for their cat to walk on or their kids breathing in fumes or washing it into drains etc. I've even had them ask to see the product packaging and had people threatening to call the council. I tell them to fill their boots.
It's always in posh areas full of snobs and I very rarely use scent masker either
You should just tell them as it's nice and clean a couple of local tom cats must have marked their territory and by looking in your garden you obviously don't have that problem :D

You should just tell them as it's nice and clean a couple of local tom cats must have marked their territory and by looking in your garden you obviously don't have that problem :D
I'm more tempted to tell them to go forth and multiply, or as a police acquaintance of mine puts it, tell them to 'foxtrot oscar'

Back