Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Put your money where your mouth is!!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Can find the work just time is sort at the min due to working a full time job as well. But got over 20 jobs to go and quote this week so not too bad
Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
I'm telling ya!!!

This is my main problem, finding the time to go and canvass while maintaining a balance of spending enough time with the wife, family, health, work etc etc. I need a personal assistant!

I know if I want an extraordinary business I gotta give it every hour of the day, but if that sends the rest of my life to pot, it's not worth it, it just isn't!

I know if I want an extraordinary business I gotta give it every hour of the day, but if that sends the rest of my life to pot, it's not worth it, it just isn't!
That's personal level descision.

A house I do (large luxury custom built home) is owned by an Indian client (ethnicity is relevant here)

He left his wife and at the time 3 kids in Bradford to stay with his sister at her house and moved to Nottingham where he was sleeping on the floor of a friends house.

He built a double glazing company aimed at the asian community here (hence the relevance of his ethnicity)

For two years he only saw family for major holidays.

His glazing company is now extremley successful and they have another company canvassing on the phones also very successful.

Had a fourth kid since they moved here. The wife has the kettle on when I pull onto the drive and the two boys are just about to goto college, oldest girl in high school and youngest girl about to start high school. His kids are honestly the most polite and friendly of any on my round, a credit to their parents and community.

He sacrifced a good 2 - 3 years to get his company going and secure his familys future. I say he but they all sacrificed.

He wanted more for them. He wanted to ensure any future they wanted, not just to put food on the table. He made it happen through sacrafice and when I see what he has now I have to say I believe he made the right choice.

Theres an old saying "you reap what you sow" and "there isnt enough hours in the day". In all my years working as paye for other employers (continental hgv driving. Flexagraphic printing.crane driving) time seemed to drag by and was always thinking "thought it was much later than that" but since being self employed its the opposite its now "christ is that the time already". Iike most (committed) people on here half the time i dont know whether im coming or going trying to juggle professional and personal life but it is what it is...

Cake and eat it comes to mind..

You in Mansfield a lot lately green. Lol
When the choice for the residents of Mansfield is me or you it's obvious that the people have spoken. Perhaps your clients will be voting for Bucxit in the next round of canvassing! /emoticons/smile.png):rofl::rofl:

Just kidding, only up there for roof jobs. Kings Clipstone tonight.

I'm telling ya!!!This is my main problem, finding the time to go and canvass while maintaining a balance of spending enough time with the wife, family, health, work etc etc. I need a personal assistant!

I've got my wife on bored and she does all the Facebook enquiries and books people in for quotes my son 2 and my daughter 9 go out dropping flyers with me I know we don't get as much done as I would on my own but the kids love it. My son always asks me when I get back from my full time job if we are going out. He loves it lol get the family involved if you can. It's good fun

I'm telling ya!!!This is my main problem, finding the time to go and canvass while maintaining a balance of spending enough time with the wife, family, health, work etc etc. I need a personal assistant!

Why don't you delegate? if I were flat out looking to expand I would have a Web guy to do all my seo adwords and fb maintenance. I would have a leafletter and canvasser or workers. why would you put more and more hours in instead of letting the business work for you? set yourself certain hours say 9-5 or whatever you want and delegate the rest out.

If that means taking a financial hit whilst it grows then so be it.

Latest Posts

Back