Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hedgehog Gutter Brush

Tuffers

Had my first ever enquiry about it today. Lady phones up and asks for a price for clearing gutters (yes another one) and also wants a price for supplying and fitting the hedgehog brush. It's about £14.50 for 4M to buy. What would you charge to supply and fit? Not seen the house yet, but quoting tomorrow.

I was asked to fit that hedgehog shite supplied by the customer after I had checked & cleared her guttering & downspouts.

It took me about an hour to fit and I charged her £60 labour as you do./emoticons/biggrin.png

I was asked to fit that hedgehog shite supplied by the customer after I had checked & cleared her guttering & downspouts.It took me about an hour to fit and I charged her £60 labour as you do./emoticons/biggrin.png
Tut tut :eek: /emoticons/biggrin.png

And that was just for the front @Tuffers /emoticons/biggrin.png

Mind you there were 4 separate gutter runs to fart about with. Also you will need good metal snips to cut the wire and then fit those silly plastic clips to keep it in place.

yeh i thought what a good idea.....not going to work though....i am watching one fitted on a bungalow.....it still clogs up and seems to be a nice growing medium....your not going to be out of work any time soon tuffers and smurf....:rofl:

it looks fiddly to fit and then there is a lot of climbing and climbing is dangerous....

And that was just for the front @Tuffers /emoticons/biggrin.pngMind you there were 4 separate gutter runs to fart about with. Also you will need good metal snips to cut the wire and then fit those silly plastic clips to keep it in place.
Can you get away without using the clips @Smurf. They are about £11 and how many would you use / space out and how do you fix them?

No @Tuffers you can't really get away without using the clips as it has a tendency to come out of the gutters especially in bad weather. Just cost the clips into the job or the best bet is get customers to get all the stuff and you just charge to fit it.

Regarding the clips they should be placed either side of a cut/join and or any corners too then spaced out approx 600 -800 cm in between just to make sure it stays in the gutter. Think the clips will only work on plastic style gutters though but for other types like cast iorn etc it would best to check first

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Back